Postby darippah » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:15 pm

Can't wait to see what this brings :naughty: :nono:
Sonic 4 .pdf
(234.07 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
sonic 4 (2).pdf
Sizes
(196.09 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
These users thanked the author darippah for the post (total 2):
joriws (Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:13 pm) • chaosgate (Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:53 am)
Rating: 6.06%

tizzleberg
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Favorite Beaches: Schillig, Germany
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Airtyle
Gear: North Orbit 9m
Duotone EVO Dlab 10m, Rebel SLS 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 4 12m, 15m
Lieuwe Falcon 137, Shotgun 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Sonic 4

Postby tizzleberg » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:21 pm

New sizes interesting, was planning on getting the 11 and 13 this time, but it seems i might just end up with the 12 this time 🤔

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 pm

Wow they are doing a 6m? Now that is interesting.

tizzleberg
Rare Poster

Postby tizzleberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:27 am

I have decided to upgrade both my 18 and 13m sonics to the new one.
I am pretty sure i am going with the 12m but now the question is if I go 18 again or 15 this time?

Because in the last years i barely used my 18 and almost always felt the 13 was enough and much more fun should the wind pick up. I was also going higher on my slightly underpowered 13 than on my lit 18 in the same wind. Might be the difference between Sonic 2 and 3 though.

The 15 also leaves me with the option to add a used 21 Sonic 3 later should i feel the need for a bigger kite in the long run.

Guess i'll have to try and compare the 15 and 18, but what do you guys reckon?

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:43 am

tizzleberg wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:27 am
I have decided to upgrade both my 18 and 13m sonics to the new one.
I am pretty sure i am going with the 12m but now the question is if I go 18 again or 15 this time?
That's difficult... I feel, 12 and 15m may be too close? What about 10 an 15? Good spacing IMO, but how often do you need smaller than 12m?

seppalord
Medium Poster
Gear: FS

Postby seppalord » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:50 am

From the oase forum someone posted a factsheet from flyssurfer:
COMPARISON SONIC4 vs SOUL2

The SONIC is a more powerful SOUL and the perfect upgrade for long-term customers. The high performance wing is lighter, sits further forward in the wind window, has thinner airfoils and responds faster to control inputs. The advantages of the SONIC are obvious." tremendous wind range, excellent top-end control, better forward traction and great peak performance. Choose the SONIC to feel the exhilaration a kite can generate every time you hook in and shoot for the moon.
The SOUL is still incredibly user-friendly and ruggedly built with great durability. The all-rounder generates more pull on the harness hook and is easier to launch and relaunch.
It generates higher steering and holding forces and gives the rider a safe feeling. Both kites are very versatile and handle challenging conditions with ease. Recommend the SOUL foil kite to first time riders, travelers and anyone who wants a trouble free product for a lifetime of use.

SONIC4 vs SONIC3

We have completely changed the design concept of the SONIC. The designs have very little in common. The difference in handling and feel is enormous,butbothkitesofferexcitingperformance,de powerandhangtime.
With the SONIC4 we want to enter the big air scene. Every detail has been refined and optimized to provide exceptional stability and accessible performance. In direct comparison, the kite turns faster and feels stiffer as well as more responsive. It rips very late, flies fast through the windfensert, and generates controllable power all the time. Spend less time thinking about your kite and focus on what you are doing. Intuitive handling opens up a world of possibilities.
The SONIC3 power is harder to access and requires a deft pair of hands to use the kite to its full potential. We built it exclusively for foil kite experts who can handle light bar forces, a dishy high-aspect wing that shoots through the wind window. Once you get a feel for it, you'll quickly get hooked on the playfulness and acceleration. A unique kite that will give you unforgettable experiences!
It seems like much has changed in comparison to the v3. This picture also shows much lower AR than prevoius model
Attachments
20230522174025-041dfdbc-xl.jpg

tizzleberg
Rare Poster

Postby tizzleberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:29 am

Smeagle wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:43 am
That's difficult... I feel, 12 and 15m may be too close? What about 10 an 15? Good spacing IMO, but how often do you need smaller than 12m?
Yeah i thought about 10 and 15 aswell but in stronger winds i want to keep doing kiteloops.

I am not sure i am ready for a small foilkite in strong wind yet. Though i am quite certain i would go much higher than with the orbits. My highest jump with my 13 was around 18m not much less than my highest jump with the 8m Orbit in much stronger wind.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 am

seppalord wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:50 am
From the oase forum someone posted a factsheet from flyssurfer:
COMPARISON SONIC4 vs SOUL2

The SONIC is a more powerful SOUL and the perfect upgrade for long-term customers. The high performance wing is lighter, sits further forward in the wind window, has thinner airfoils and responds faster to control inputs. The advantages of the SONIC are obvious." tremendous wind range, excellent top-end control, better forward traction and great peak performance. Choose the SONIC to feel the exhilaration a kite can generate every time you hook in and shoot for the moon.
The SOUL is still incredibly user-friendly and ruggedly built with great durability. The all-rounder generates more pull on the harness hook and is easier to launch and relaunch.
It generates higher steering and holding forces and gives the rider a safe feeling. Both kites are very versatile and handle challenging conditions with ease. Recommend the SOUL foil kite to first time riders, travelers and anyone who wants a trouble free product for a lifetime of use.

SONIC4 vs SONIC3

We have completely changed the design concept of the SONIC. The designs have very little in common. The difference in handling and feel is enormous,butbothkitesofferexcitingperformance,de powerandhangtime.
With the SONIC4 we want to enter the big air scene. Every detail has been refined and optimized to provide exceptional stability and accessible performance. In direct comparison, the kite turns faster and feels stiffer as well as more responsive. It rips very late, flies fast through the windfensert, and generates controllable power all the time. Spend less time thinking about your kite and focus on what you are doing. Intuitive handling opens up a world of possibilities.
The SONIC3 power is harder to access and requires a deft pair of hands to use the kite to its full potential. We built it exclusively for foil kite experts who can handle light bar forces, a dishy high-aspect wing that shoots through the wind window. Once you get a feel for it, you'll quickly get hooked on the playfulness and acceleration. A unique kite that will give you unforgettable experiences!
It seems like much has changed in comparison to the v3. This picture also shows much lower AR than prevoius model
So, after such promo comparison text about S3 vs S4 now we know how really Sonic 3 is/was. Such inside truth text should be as real promo text for every new kites, not this promo bla bla bla bla again >Every detail has been refined and optimized to provide exceptional stability and accessible performance. In direct comparison, the kite turns faster and feels stiffer as well as more responsive. It rips very late, flies fast through the windfensert, and generates controllable power all the time :)

tizzleberg
Rare Poster

Postby tizzleberg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:32 am

seppalord wrote:
This picture also shows much lower AR than prevoius model
Sure looks that way, might not be great for the lowend.

Smeagle
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Zwergern Walchensee, Ambach Starnberger See
Style: Freeride
Gear: Pansh A15 9m, 15m
Pansh Hawk 5m, 8m, 12m
Pansh Kestrel 12m
F-One Diablo V1 8m, V3 13m, 18m
Sky Country Hysper V2 8m, 14m

Cabrinha Switchblade 7m, 9m, 12m
Best TS 15m
JN MrF Air 10m

Spleene RIP39
Spleene Session 45

Gong KiteFoil Curve M-T / Fluid M-T / Fluid S-T / Catch FSP 2X 4'6"

Gong Wing SuperPower 2023 6m, 7,5m
Gong Wing Plus 4m, 5m
Gong WingFoil Fluid XXL-T XL-T L-T M-T, Stemax FLyFoil 6'3 135l, F2 Glide Cross 5'6 120l

Postby Smeagle » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:01 am

seppalord wrote:
This picture also shows much lower AR than prevoius model
Hmm, I cannot see AR in that angle ;)

Return to “Foil Kites”