Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Aaron Hadlow Twenty - Part III - USA

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
kgb
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 9
Local Beach: Montrose Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras, NC & Tarifa, Spain
Style: Freeriding and wave riding.
Gear: Kite - Slingshot Fuel
Board - North Jaime Pro (twintip)
Brand Affiliation: None at all.

Re: Aaron Hadlow Twenty - Part III - USA

Postby kgb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:55 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:51 am
kgb wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:22 am
longwhitecloud wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:18 am
Great footage and so clear.

Would prefer to see without boots though ie not glued to board
and how exactly?
Sweet kite he is using? One line is it? The inverts are sick too...

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Online kiteboard commenting, Fortnite.
Gear: World Sailing kite KOOKs. By kiters for kiters. #kitekooks

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:35 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:45 pm
Only fun in an edit. Show the poor guy pulling the winch cable for 5 min before each run you get a much better idea of what the sport is like.

There have been guys killing it with a kite on wake skates for years. Just need loads of wind. They are not very big and have plenty of rocker or they ride like crap.

Aaron is a LEGEND and deserves better than your negativity.

If you can't appreciate a guy like that, maybe just keep it to yourself.

Aaron was a huge driving force in the peak freestyle years when kiting embraced it's inner boardsport and developed stuff like the megaloop. Sad to think a true talent with that kind of longevity can barely get props in today's kiteboarding. Bit like a windsurfer dissing Bjorn!

In some respects Kiteboarding has passed it's best before date!

Full respect to Hadlow for charging it at it's peak.
Anyway, as I said.. it's great footage (hardly negative) but yes it is a sign of the times that this style of riding gets such a small following these days. Nothing would be more progressive and interesting than losing the boots though imo.

Cheaper
Progressive
New and exciting
More challenge as it is very difficult
Something for new generation riders to aspire to.

Look what strapless has done for surfboards in kiting.

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the bubble.

Kozzie
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 97
Local Beach: brighton
Style: freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kozzie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:58 am

Dont worry azza doesnt need any defending. Everyone with any actual skill knows if your hooked in it doesnt count and that if your not crashing your just sailing and need to stop telling your friends at the rsl and bowls club that your a kiteboarder. Your a sailor. one who cant afford a boat. To poor to be a grotty yachty to old and useless to throw down.

Would you call yourself a motorcross rider if all you did was drive up and down a flat 100m pathway? Absolute tools you old kooks are and you think just because you are the idiots spending all the money that the industry is pandering to your egos and going along with your new found "wakestyle is old school" tag line then you need to wash out your cataracts and turn up those hearing aids. Were robbing you blind with this foilboard malarchy and were about to do it again with wind wings and whatever kooky nonsense we throw at you. Because the industry knows the moneys in the retirees with no more work to do and a bank account full of cash and your all just wandering around talking to strangers wondering what to do with the end of your sad little lonely boreing lives.

These arent my words these are your words. Ive spent decades getting you old farts into this sport and now to have you all so cocky up in here literally repeating bullshit we used to sell you more gear is just embaressing. Funny. But embaressing.

Think about why just WHY would the industry be pushing the gear they are now? 3 strut kites? 1 strut kites? Foilboards? Windwings? Money. And how are they getting that money? From you. But how can they market worse performing and durability but cheaper to manufacture equipment to you and still get you to pay more? Marketing. And whose doing the marketing?

Heres the funny part

You are

Your robbing yourself long white cloud and better yet your spreading our bullshit for free so we can rob your dumb rich old kook friends aswell.

The best part of all this is if you just excercised and trained strengthened your knees and shoulders dedicated yourselves even into your early 50s you could probably throw a few wakestyle tricks raleys s bends anything that doesnt involve catching a backedge unhooked kiteloops etc etc etc you can safely do anything except a few movements that cause a very sudden stop when you crash (catching edges)
But naaaahhh your not going to put the effort in to actually train. Youd rather just talk shit about it like you have any idea what the requirements actually are.

Anyways rant over. Please continue being a tool your paying all the flippy dippy spinny kids wages who you mock because your bitter old and jelous and unable to progress

PS just read what you wrote above hahahaha wow man WOW you really have no idea at all do you.

You Gullible dunce

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 am

Kozzie wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:58 am
Dont worry azza doesnt need any defending. Everyone with any actual skill knows if your hooked in it doesnt count and that if your not crashing your just sailing and need to stop telling your friends at the rsl and bowls club that your a kiteboarder. Your a sailor. one who cant afford a boat. To poor to be a grotty yachty to old and useless to throw down.

Would you call yourself a motorcross rider if all you did was drive up and down a flat 100m pathway? Absolute tools you old kooks are and you think just because you are the idiots spending all the money that the industry is pandering to your egos and going along with your new found "wakestyle is old school" tag line then you need to wash out your cataracts and turn up those hearing aids. Were robbing you blind with this foilboard malarchy and were about to do it again with wind wings and whatever kooky nonsense we throw at you. Because the industry knows the moneys in the retirees with no more work to do and a bank account full of cash and your all just wandering around talking to strangers wondering what to do with the end of your sad little lonely boreing lives.

These arent my words these are your words. Ive spent decades getting you old farts into this sport and now to have you all so cocky up in here literally repeating bullshit we used to sell you more gear is just embaressing. Funny. But embaressing.

Think about why just WHY would the industry be pushing the gear they are now? 3 strut kites? 1 strut kites? Foilboards? Windwings? Money. And how are they getting that money? From you. But how can they market worse performing and durability but cheaper to manufacture equipment to you and still get you to pay more? Marketing. And whose doing the marketing?

Heres the funny part

You are

Your robbing yourself long white cloud and better yet your spreading our bullshit for free so we can rob your dumb rich old kook friends aswell.

The best part of all this is if you just excercised and trained strengthened your knees and shoulders dedicated yourselves even into your early 50s you could probably throw a few wakestyle tricks raleys s bends anything that doesnt involve catching a backedge unhooked kiteloops etc etc etc you can safely do anything except a few movements that cause a very sudden stop when you crash (catching edges)
But naaaahhh your not going to put the effort in to actually train. Youd rather just talk shit about it like you have any idea what the requirements actually are.

Anyways rant over. Please continue being a tool your paying all the flippy dippy spinny kids wages who you mock because your bitter old and jelous and unable to progress

PS just read what you wrote above hahahaha wow man WOW you really have no idea at all do you.

You Gullible dunce
We could start a youth kiteboarding program starting with encouraging industry to produce affordable equipment to get youth started in kiteboarding... you know the exact opposite of the effect of world sailings involvement with kiting, and the industries current short sightedness.

Aaron's board $1700 excluding bindings (rediculous)
Yep another $1000 for top end bindings now.. ( wtf)
The kites, just a 12m including non click bar $3000+

There is the problem right there. It's an oxymoron.

I suggest riding a wakeskate kids.. and non kids.. , inexpensive and huge potential for progression.

Kozzie, you can train us up!

Kozzie
Medium Poster

Postby Kozzie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:50 am

Loose one argument so you try start another.

I was buying tav2 kits before you knew what a wake skate was so shut the hell up about wake skates

Your allowed to post again when you show a video of you ATTEMPTING a handle pass

Then by all means your entitled to saying hadlows a shit unt for wearing boots and freestyles dead. Till then big chops neck up you muppet

Ps a hadlow board and some ronix carbitex will set you back

$2787 rrp nzd

If i see you riding one of my skates im going to take it off ya and hold it above your head until you apoligise to king azza alright
These users thanked the author Kozzie for the post:
longwhitecloud (Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:55 pm)
Rating: 10%

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm

me > "Would prefer to see without boots though ie not glued to board"

you misquoting me > "saying hadlows a shit unt for wearing boots and freestyles dead" . #fakenews

$2787 rrp nzd for a board and bindings , the fact that doesn't correlate to a vast downwards increase in youth participation for you / the lack of interest in this kind of riding currently ... I really don't understand.

You know what is lame - riding a heat with a wakeboard and wake kite then swapping to a twintip (with a handle) and a big air kite - mid heat wtf! lol welcome to kiteboarding 2019/20...... f@#ed over by World Sailing..... killing it softly.

I got to get back to Apex Legends followed by a lawn mowing appointment at the beach with my aquapack, oh and try this damn handle piss thing so i am allowed to post an opinion again.

Kozzie
Medium Poster

Postby Kozzie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:27 pm

I bet you cant even unhook

And whats with your obsession with children?
Are you a priest?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:18 pm

The 46 post kiting Jimmy Carr strikes again. The edge catching fraught danger of an f16, and self appointed pioneer of 180 popshuv wakeskating that makes discussing it out of bounds for anyone else.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 am

Hold up, I like this new guy!

LWC has done a few passes if I remember correctly (we are all old up in here). What I don’t get is why he is bagging on Aaron. I mean, it is a clip/thread about him!

Saying what exactly? Hadlow should be strapless?? Whatever. Strapless is already out there as a pro discipline. It’s cool and all but it’s more like air style than wake. More flippy spinny of the board with lots of dangle. Skate is mostly flippy stuff too. Lock yourself to the board and you gotta flip your whole body and not just hang there. You simply can’t come close to half the stuff Aaron can do if your strapless.

Not progressive enough for you..... kiss my ass. You lost heart, and with it any real appreciation for some of the greatest athletes among us.

Like so many up in here, dumbing down the sport.

Shame on you man.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post:
longwhitecloud (Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:51 am)
Rating: 10%

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 am
Hold up, I like this new guy!

LWC has done a few passes if I remember correctly (we are all old up in here). What I don’t get is why he is bagging on Aaron. I mean, it is a clip/thread about him!

Saying what exactly? Hadlow should be strapless?? Whatever. Strapless is already out there as a pro discipline. It’s cool and all but it’s more like air style than wake. More flippy spinny of the board with lots of dangle. Skate is mostly flippy stuff too. Lock yourself to the board and you gotta flip your whole body and not just hang there. You simply can’t come close to half the stuff Aaron can do if your strapless.

Not progressive enough for you..... kiss my ass. You lost heart, and with it any real appreciation for some of the greatest athletes among us.

Like so many up in here, dumbing down the sport.

Shame on you man.
You are misquoting me. I said it was great footage and very clear, but I would rather see this stuff done without being glued to a board.. and really would, there is a huge opportunity for progression and affordability. Sure take it as a separate debate, i get that, but imo there are clear reasons why this style of riding gets so little engagement compared to what it used to.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one and this is mine.

Return to “Videos”