Few things to add:
- I'm not thy God and you shall take any other God's advice if it makes sense. Take any advice with grain of salt. Think.
- Help other ones. Not only with a beer or smile but help them out. Tow them back to shore if they're struggling. Bring board in front of a struggling beginner. Turn that "trailing edge down" over for the stranded ones. Karma goes long way
- Don't pee into your wetsuit unless it's one you're about to throw away soon. Don't take that stinky blob into a car. Concentrated urine stinks
- learn to be self-sufficient. Learn to drift launch and self land. Bring spare parts. Assume nobody will save you, so be cautious (they probably will, but not guaranteed and probably not as quick as you want it)
- Don't hog space. Don't keep your lines laying all over tiny beach. Don't occupy that precious flat spot all by yourself. Don't stand with kite over your head on the beach preventing others from throwing nice transitions next to shore. Don't steal that wave from a poor surfer who had butt in water for 15 minutes to ride for 20 seconds.
Thong over wetsuit is something new to see
Actually it's a good indication that a girl has and would wear one instead of "lack-o-self-confidence one-piece". Unfortunately a thong won't cover bare ass when seam rips open and your jewels start shining through. And a protection layer before sitting on those rocks is not a bad idea.
Let's be fair - most girls wear that underwear under wetsuit while probably not many guys wear anything under theirs. So I'd challenge girls to wear wetsuit over naked body in return for commandment #1
But I agree - shorts over thick wetsuit in cold water - that looks ridiculous.
We need to crash to Toronto scene one day and ride with them Flysurfer folks