Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to Frontroll Kitesurfing - Kiteboarding Tutorial - Unhooked

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

How to Frontroll Kitesurfing - Kiteboarding Tutorial - Unhooked

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:46 am

Today we're going to break down another must-have basic for progressing your unhooked riding: the front roll. Of all the basic moves, this might be the best looking and will give you the most bang for your buck as far as style. This is usually learned after the back roll and, while it's not difficult, it can be harder to learn if you don't have the right technique. Speaking of technique, there are two ways to initiate the front roll.

Two variations

While learning, I struggled to get this right and it always felt a bit off. In this video, I'm going to cover two different techniques for you to try while learning. Chances are, one will feel more natural and help you learn faster. At the very least, these two variations will help you develop your own style and build your air awareness.

This is a fun move, not only because it's the best looking of the basic tricks, but also because it's going to unlock all the tricks that require this initial rotation, like the Front to Revert, the S-Bend or the Front to Blind. Personally I think that's the best-looking trick in kiteboarding. The main goal of this playlist is to show you that all the advanced moves in kiteboarding are fundamental moves combined. The best way to progress is to practice the basics until they are natural. From there, you can start combining the fundamentals for more advanced progressions. Get these on lock and you are on your way to some advanced riding.

Return to “Videos”