Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

This is my first time attempting a full 360 turn on a hydrofoil.

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
vanart
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vanart » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:23 pm

What do you think my mistakes are?
How long did it take you to be comfortable in this trick!?

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: This is my first time attempting a full 360 turn on a hydrofoil.

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Nice, the max on a pole is such a killer perspective.

As to your 360, your mostly just out of sync with the kite. The kite should pull you all the way through the move and if you watch where the kite is pointed when you wipe out you can see that is not happening. Generally you are getting ahead of it. I see that you pull on side of the bar AS your carving into the turn. Your kite is too big and slow for that so you have to move it first and let it lead the move. Pull the bar and wait for the angle of your lines to start changing before following into the carve. Keep the kite turning all the way through to the end.

As with pretty much any kite foil move, you have to fly the kite through the entire move to the end. If the kite doesn't make it, neither will you. You initiate with the kite, but then seem to stop turning the kite to concentrate on the board and it falls apart. i.e. at 1:19 you fall and end up with the kite headed the opposite direction of the board, so it looks like your not looping the kite in a 360.

Once you get the really figured out, you can probably do a 360 without looping a big kite, but first learn to pull yourself all the way through by doing the 360 WITH the kite and essentially just follow it around.

Might as well get used to the feel of it, as its the same initiation sequence and timing of following the kite for every type of foiling tack.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post:
vanart (Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Videos”