Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

First session on new foil - Slingshot Apollo 60

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing
Brand Affiliation: None

First session on new foil - Slingshot Apollo 60

Postby bkkite » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:20 am

Been riding a space skate, then an Infinity 76, and now the Apollo 60. It was a bit of a sketchy session with really gusty and somewhat light winds...but the foil turned out to be really fun despite needing a little extra power to get going. Will follow this up with a more detailed review

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Re: First session on new foil - Slingshot Apollo 60

Postby bkkite » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:12 pm

Here's one of the reviews that got me to decide on the Apollo 60 as a foil I wanted to try, figured it might be useful to other people thinking about the slingshot wings.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 pm

Hey why you ride nobile split board if you don’t travel? It would be easier to have regular board?

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster

Postby bkkite » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 pm
Hey why you ride nobile split board if you don’t travel? It would be easier to have regular board?
I did travel a lot pre COVID, and I hope to travel again soon once we get comfortable with our newborn. It was basically just the board I had before I started foiling, so it was easy to get going on it and just add in a foil. I borrowed my buddies Nobile foil, and rode it with a few different Shinn wings, and I wasn't thrilled. Then I tried a Slingshot Space Skate, and it was much more stable for someone my weight... so I started to figure out if it could work with the Nobile board. The Slingshot pedestal has two sets of holes, and one of those fits the Nobile.... so I just ran with it.

The board itself isn't a bad foil board. The concave deckpad makes it pretty easy to water start. It's size (5'2) is good enough to give you some flexibility when you accidentally hit the water, it tends to skip and you can just keep on riding. The only thing I really notice that I don't love is how heavy it is carrying it long distances on the beach. It was super heavy when I was riding it with a big Infinity 76 surf wing, but it got better with this new Apollo 60.

By the end of the year, I'll probably end up moving to a DwarfCraft 110, and I'll just leave the Nobile for travel.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks for comment I do like NHP Carbon Split I have for TT and now I can’t think of getting non-split board for traveling the only option I consider is Nobile Pocket Slim
Board but it is 90cm and for a beginner like me it could be really hard to ride one it since currently my board is 145cm and it’s supper light unlike my hydrofoil which is heavy but I will be moving to Moses Onda later this or next year.

I have fair bit of walking to spot I foil the most so lightweight setup would be appreciated not to mention for traveling.

Return to “Videos”