Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where is the best place that you have kiteboarded?

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
danlar
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 62kg
Local Beach: Santa Marianita, Ecuador
Favorite Beaches: I have kited at: Peru (Paracas, Mancora), Bresil (Cumbuco), Dominican Republic (Cabarete, Las Terrenas), Grenadines (Union Island), USA (Hatteras, Tarpon Springs), Bahamas (Exuma), Greece (Paros, Lefkada),Turks & Caicos (Long Bay)
Style: freerider, freestyle
Gear: Evo SLS 8m 2022, Rebel 9m 2020, Dice SLS 11m 2022, Neo SLS 12m 2022, Juice 15m 2020, Shinn Bronq Luigi 135/41, Jaime SLS 142/43, Cabrinha surfboard Secret Weapon
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where is the best place that you have kiteboarded?

Postby danlar » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 am

Hi all, here are all the places I kited and my feed back

My kite spot, Santa Marianita Ecuador: it’s rough open see but I can kite almost all year long, bad month are jan to apr
Union Island: very nice but a little small, nice flat, a downwind to Fregate Island and kite there is very nice
Cabarete DR: did my instructor course there, nice to stay at the all inclusive Wyndham and kite in front of the hotel, wave are smaller at kite beach but it’s so busy
Hatteras or OBX: I would love to return there, huge flat when the wind show up in the right direction, kite launch spot are small, best place to launch is the canadien hole but can get busy
Turks & Caicos: very very nice spot but expensive though, wind is not that strong but IMO best place to learn kiting
Exumas Bahamas: very nice to stay at Paradise Bay, when the wind is in the right direction you will feel alone on earth kiting at Coco Plum
Cumbuco Brasil: it was nice to stay at Windtown, rent theirs brand new gear and kite in front of the hotel, it’s a little rough open sea but the will show up, unfortunately the lagoon was gone at sea, if there in one place I would love to explore more is north of Brasil, so much sand and wind
Paracas Peru: special spot, the wind will show up but it’s like a corridor, huge jellyfish, I mean HUGE, don’t drop your kite

Eduardo
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere with a left break
Style: waves and foiling (X big-air junkie)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo and Cabrinha kites. North and Slingshot boards. Lift foils.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where is the best place that you have kiteboarded?

Postby Eduardo » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:06 am

Kiteboarding Uruguay wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:12 am
Eduardo wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:01 am
My personal favorite place has changed as my kiting style and non-kiting preferences have changed. When I was an early kiter chasing big air, I would go anywhere for strong reliable wind and did not care about anything else. Then the best was Maui, Aruba, Costa Rica, ...Then I started to also value other things to do in kite trips and got married and travel with wife, and then like waves, add foiling, and ...
Interesting to hear you list Costa Rica. How is the kite scene there and when is it windy?
The spot I've been is Bahia Salinas. I went in December/Jan and had 100% wind always and would do two sessions a day as it seems to blow 24x7 with strong winds for small kites and big air and light bay chop. I was told it's a winter season only. The kite scene is strong and there are a couple operations there that kiteforum and google searches should turn up. The spot is a little remote and feels to me like an "I'd only go there to kite" destination. But it's not too far for some great day trips to see the country.
These users thanked the author Eduardo for the post:
Kiteboarding Uruguay (Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:30 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Videos”