Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Reedin Dreamstick X bar

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New Reedin Dreamstick X bar

Postby Faxie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:58 am
Does anyone find that skinny bar handles pass all the vibration from the kite through the bar or is it just me?
I had a core sensor 2 skinny bar and the difference in feel between that thing and my ozone thicker one was a lot. The ozone was so much nicer to fly with made the kites feel way less twitchy.
I have the same. But especially the older Ozone bars felt too spongy to me, made me feel disconnected from the kite. It all comes down to preference I guess...

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Havre » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Got to give some credit to the Reedin guy. Well explained. I was waiting for the question around sticking to come up, but after 6 mins he showed it himself. Obviously a question of taking his word for it, but it looked good in the video (around 6 mins in).

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Thin bars are much much better than thick bars for people that kite in cold climates. My ability to kite for a long while is limited by grip. The thicker the control bar the harder it is in your grip. In warm climates a thick bar might be ok but where it's a bit colder a thick bar might cut your session short by hours since you have not only the thickness of your bar but also the thick gloves. When it's warm I also like the thin bars better but then I don't mind a thick bar too much. I've never felt vibration through the bar that seems a little odd

Return to “Videos”