Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Learning the Foot Off

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Learning the Foot Off

Postby FLandOBX » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Hey, Nick. Just watched your video. Great entertainment. Thanks for posting it. You remind me to have more fun during my sessions. :thumb:

....and nice Foot-Off-One-Footers!

Kiteboarding Uruguay
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Playa Malvin in downtown Montevideo.
Favorite Beaches: We are blessed with some great beaches here in Uruguay and, on occasion, some pretty epic conditions as well.
I enjoy kiteboarding anywhere I can in Uruguay be that in Montevideo, or at one of the many beaches, rivers or Laguna's further outside the city.
I've also been lucky enough to kite the North Coast of Brasil, Cabarete and Paracas in Peru.
Style: With a smile on my face
Gear: We have a great Ozone dealer here in Montevideo who gives excellent customer service, kite repairs and payment plans. So, of course I have a bunch of Ozone Kites. 3 Edges of different sizes and an Enduro. My board is also Ozone.
Brand Affiliation: None at this time

Re: Learning the Foot Off

Postby Kiteboarding Uruguay » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Thanks Toby!

I need to do some serious editing on the clips and to find a willing victim that will volunteer to film me as currently, most of what I have is from my POV.

I'll definitely pull everything together soon and would value your opinions on how ugly my execution of the double rotation is :)

Cheers,

Nick
Toby wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:13 pm
Kiteboarding Uruguay wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:48 am
Hey Toby!

Thanks for taking the time to send such a detailed reply, you’re absolutely right. Hopefully, you didn’t take my last comment the wrong way, I was being genuine in terms of acknowledging your experience with different trick names. My next video (I think) will be about a double back roll where the first rotation is inverted and the second no and I finish the trick with a downloop to tell me ride away on landing. The description is a mouthful 😂😂 do you know if that trick has a shorter name?

Again, thanks for the feedback previously and for creating such an awesome place for viewing and sharing kite content.

Cheers, Nick

Hi Nick,

not that I know of.
But, I am sure it is a double rotation...not Backroll :D
They all write it wrong. I know, because many years ago I was in doubt too, and ask on the forum, and I was explained by english natives that a Backroll is more a real roll, where the board is a bit higher (like the first low rotation with a forward moving kite we all do in the beginning).
And rotation is where you use the kite to jump and rotate on the vertical axis.
Then going inverted is a a inverted rotation (front or back).

But, there is a Stiffy ! So Inverted got called Stiffy when you stretch yourself all the way.

What you describe I do as Front...and I call it Front 720 Stiffy Tail Grab Downloop with grabbing the Tail in this video.

Looking forward to see yours, since I found the Back rotation with Stiffy a bit tougher to make it look nice. A front rotation with Stiffy is more stylish.
But you might just go inverted without being stretched all the way.

So, post it and let me see ! :thumb:

Return to “Videos”