Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cops arrest short tacker

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Cops arrest short tacker

Postby edt » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:32 pm

JakeFarley wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:55 pm
For me a short tacker in flat water is when you are in line in the rotation and a kiter coming out tacks in front and downwind of you so that you have no room for your jump/tricks. It's like cutting in line instead of going to the rear and waiting their turn.
that makes sense but what about a kiter that can only throw their tricks in one direction? They don't have a choice about where they enter the flat area.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cops arrest short tacker

Postby Hugh2 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:55 am

In Cape Town a short-tacker is someone who turns back towards shore before going beyond the last peaking wave. It's easy to understand why they do it, either to get back inside and have another go at a kicker, or because they are relatively inexperienced and scared of the big waves. Either way it can be dangerous as there is likely to be someone upwind who has just launched a jump and then they might land on the short-tacker. Of course the short-tacker gets pissed off when that happens, but they only have themselves to blame, this is the capital of big air and one minute on the beach should convince you of that. Yesterday it was Lasse Walker and Graham Howe and a whole bunch of other riders I don't recognize going big, and today will be even better. When I want to watch those guys, while still staying on the water, I try to ride upwind of them, or stay outside the waves and watch from a distance.

Return to “Videos”