Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wow sails

Forum for wing surfers
Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: wing skate - land wing

Postby Nem0 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm

irwe wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm
B-Roc wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 pm
How do the kitewings manage in inland winds? I’m a kite landboarder who flies at the beach and I have borrowed/flown Skimbat KiteWings in the past on nuking days in smooth winds at the beach. Wings have interested me since the early 2000s for kite skating in the winter but I’ve never pulled the trigger and the new inflatos seem a lost easier than the old fixed-frame wings. Anyway, if I was to pair a wing with a longboard skateboard to ride in a parking lot, how would the wing perform and hold up? If it drags a bit on the asphalt, is it trashed or will it be in need of an almost instant repair? Do wings handle unpredictable inland gusts and lulls? My assumption is they would be easier to manage if I were to use it in a parking lot on high wind days when I’d just have to manage the lulls as opposed to low wind days when managing the occasional gust. Are they worth the investment or really only good on high wind or steady/constant wind days?
I have both the original KiteWing (fixed Frame) and Wings (LEI)
For Landboarding, InlineWing, WingSkateboard I use 4 m, 3m , 2m (72 kg)
The Wings rarely touch the asphalt if you are a decent rider and not working on extreme manuvers, it also depends on how tall you are.
I would recommend getting a 4 m (LEI) first unless you are > 65 kgs
If you do not use the inflatable wing on water as well, it makes no sense to me!
It’s worse the money, you have to carry a pump with you and it could be easily damaged it you scratch with it over asphalt!
Such a cheaper WoW sails makes more sense to me.
These users thanked the author Nem0 for the post:
Peter_Frank (Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Flyin_Dutchman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: North, Slingshot, Cab, AXIS, NP, ION, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: wing skate - land wing

Postby Flyin_Dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Here in the landlocked south central area of Oklahoma, US of A, we are land Winging on lower wind days. Using both skateboard on sidewalks/bike paths/smooth parking lots as well as landboards/mountain boards in fields and such. The gusts and lulls are something we deal with constantly, so accustomed to conditions: we just deal with it. LOL
I have placed good duct tape on my wingtips for any accidental contact with tarmac, no issues.

Return to “Wingsurfing”