Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rocker Modification for early takeoff

Forum for wing surfers
fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Late model Switch kites element and nitros,
DIY CAD ultra-concave wave twintips 1500 and 130mm with my own fin designs. Easy upwind, awesome carving. Switch Nitro 10m V7, Naish 5.3m Wing. Now focussing on Wingsurfing to rise to a new challenge. Building my own foils from my CAD design and 3D prints, built a CNC machine last year and now cutting designs with CNC as well as 3D printing.
Up to 3 DIY foil designs built and getting the hang of wingsurf foiling as we switch into 2021.

Re: Rocker Modification for early takeoff

Postby fluidity » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:20 pm

alex 1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:34 am
Hi, happy to see the idea developing...my conclusions after a few weeks of use...this really makes the board better, hope some of you 3d experts bring the model to thingiverse 😀

regards
LXT
I added a couple more strips further forward, Added my version of an underside grab handle and my learning is shooting ahead now. Glad to hear yours are doing well too. Let me know if you want a custom design and I'll stick it on pinshape for you. Thingiverse seems to be hacked lately.

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Late model Switch kites element and nitros,
DIY CAD ultra-concave wave twintips 1500 and 130mm with my own fin designs. Easy upwind, awesome carving. Switch Nitro 10m V7, Naish 5.3m Wing. Now focussing on Wingsurfing to rise to a new challenge. Building my own foils from my CAD design and 3D prints, built a CNC machine last year and now cutting designs with CNC as well as 3D printing.
Up to 3 DIY foil designs built and getting the hang of wingsurf foiling as we switch into 2021.

Postby fluidity » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Update:
So I've had the Coanda disruptors on my board for about 6 weeks now. I've progressed a lot in my foiling since then, back when I first attached them I didn't have any control on foil so it was harder to rate the effect of the disruptors. Anyway, I'm getting on foil much easier now. Some times when the wind is there I will get my front foot in place, stand up and with my momentum change I am already on foil. Touch downs are now a non event,
Some times I've rolled the foil too far to the side and I'm heading hard up wind, the side of the inflatable board is in the water. Also a non event. A little push down to the back of the board when I'm good and ready and the nose pops up and I'm fully foiling again. These really do make a massive difference. Without them though, look at theokkiteboarder's review of the Gong HIPE and he discusses the stickiness of inflateable board's rounded rear edges.
An inflatable board without is N a k e d !!
Attachments
20201231_092317.jpg

mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Air Propelled Chimp
Gear: Fifth , full throttle !
Brand Affiliation: Please not...

Postby mikelet » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:08 pm

:thumb:

Return to “Wingsurfing”