TKF
ConceptAir
Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Windows - Cold Temps

Postby irwe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Thatspeck wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 am
Clear "rail saver" material for SUP's works perfectly for repairing cracked wing windows. It's going to happen, foil on!
I don't think Wingers will accept the fact that some manufacturers Windows will crack/tear in cold temperatures.

My Wings from Gong are less then a year old and well taken care of. Their response was bascially. You are using the product as an unintended use and we can't do anything for you. 'too bad so sad'.

I pointed out to Gong that on their website there is
1. No mention of restricted uses of their Wings
2. There are posts of Gong staff using the Wings for non-water activities.

All I asked from Gong was to send me some Rip-stop material and I would pay for a Wing repair person in my area to take out the Windows. ( I think a resonable request)

Snow Winging is extremely popular in my area and we have FoilWingers still going out in freezing conditions.

Imagine someone buying a Wing from a local shop and having the Wing Windows crack and tear in the first week of use. (it's happened here). If the Local shop didn't fully warrenty the Wing word would get out pretty quick.
So it also becomes a huge headache for the Local Shops.

My KiteWings (original Wings) have never had a problem with the Windows in cold temperatures.

The real solution is for manufactures to either offer Wings without Windows for non-water use (although I like Windows when I am on the road Winging) or change the Window material to with stand cold temperatures.

Buyer Beware!
Attachments
LakeSimcoeWing.png
LakeSimcoeWing.png (324.88 KiB) Viewed 193 times
2020-04-21_15-09-20.jpg

Return to “Wingsurfing”