Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: North / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Fkite Space Skate 65 possible?

Postby m78 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi all,
I own a SS Dwarfcraft with Fkite Space Skate foil (1504 cm2) and I wonder if I could successfully use this foil for wingfoiling as well? It would be great to learn somebody’s actual experiences with this foil on a wingboard.
I already searched the forum and found some prior posts to this question, but there was only advise that a larger frontwing would make the learning process easier. Ok this is understood, however in terms of budget it would still be interesting to know if the Fkite option would work.
Thanks and cheers
Marc

gl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4 8 and 11, Concept Air Smart, Water Smart, Pulsion, Firefly and Wave kites. Slingshot foil boards and foils, North Nugget

Re: Fkite Space Skate 65 possible?

Postby gl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:26 pm

I tried it when I was starting a couple of summers ago and had no luck. I suspect now that I could make it work in 18 plus knots with my 5 metre wing but would rather not. I would need to much forward speed to get flying easily. So even though I could not make it work when I started I suspect, but am not sure, that I could get it to work now. It is worth giving it a try but you would be much happier if you bought an Infinity 84 or 99 wing to go on your existing fuselage like I did.
These users thanked the author gl for the post:
m78 (Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:08 am)
Rating: 3.03%

m78
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Gear: North / Duotone
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fkite Space Skate 65 possible?

Postby m78 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:11 am

Thanks for the reply, seems there is no way of saving money on the wing then... at least not for a beginner

Return to “Wingsurfing”