Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is more physique/exhausting?

Forum for wing surfers
bigtone667
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Birdie Beach, Budgewoi Beach, Lakes Beach
Favorite Beaches: Umina Beach, Birdies Beach, Lake Munmorah, Canton, The Swamp, Le Morne
Style: surf, foiling, jumping, lawn mowing
Gear: Kites: BRM Cloud D's, Duotone Rebels
Wings: Cloud W1 2,3,4,5,6m, Duotone 7m
Boards: Naish Monarch, Naish Hover 155/110/130 Fanatic Sky Wing 5'8" & 5'4"
Foils: AXIS 1300/1150/1020 Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is more physique/exhausting?

Postby bigtone667 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:53 pm

I would say that anytime spent off the foil and on the water is exhausting and bumpy surface conditions (typically associated with higher winds or waves)......

Dave K
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Outer Banks
Style: Knee friendly kite foil and wing foil
Gear: 10 m Airush Ultra / 7M Switch Helium, 5M RRD Passion, Moses 633/483/72cm/82cm, 120cm Groove Skate. Duotone Echo 6/5/4/3.3m wing-a-dings, SurfMachine 5’1” 90l wing board, Gong Veloce XL/XXL
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is more physique/exhausting?

Postby Dave K » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:55 am

Eltreato wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:15 pm
Dave K wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:50 pm
I’m definitely not advanced either but I would say I only notice a small difference between light versus strong wind as long as I have the right size wing picked out. Fatigue setting in slightly faster is mostly to do with the size of the chop and not wing handling. What makes a bigger difference for me is how much “new” or hard stuff I’m trying and thus how often I’m crashing and having to restart. I can’t stand playing it safe all the time just to avoid falling. So many riders seem to fall into that category (including kiteboarding and windsurfing). I never use a harness and I’m strictly riding flat water for now. Some of this video is minimal wind on a 5m Echo and some is fully powered on a 4m. Cold weather also wears me out twice as fast.

I turn frequently since I hate plowing the field in one direction for any length of time. At 62, doesn’t matter what I do, after about 1 1/2 hours I need a rest!

Hey Dave, I really like the behind-the-back tack at 1:48, I have never seen that before!
There are lots of new winging tricks that show up on You Tube all the time. I have crappy knees so jumping with straps will never happen for me, but these easyish tricks keep flat water riding fun and challenging for me. Even just doing a backwinded 360 never gets boring. The behind-the-back-tack does require a long wing leash that ties into your waist, which is a bit of a hassle. I also dislocated a middle finger working on this, ......so it came with a price!

Return to “Wingsurfing”