Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon
Brand Affiliation: None

Board size for Pumping

Postby sonny2727 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Hey Guys - Yet another what size question ;)
I want to see if I get get a smaller board as I hate massive boards since giving up windsurfing...At 70kg say if I develop moderate skill what would be a small board size for pumping the sh*t out of foil? I'm not interested in just going up and down leisurely and WANT something difficult to learn...Thinking of buying Moses 945 so I can use it with winging and kite surfing. wind range - 15-25kts

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Board size for Pumping

Postby consumer » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:41 pm

sonny2727 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:04 pm
Hey Guys - Yet another what size question ;)
I want to see if I get get a smaller board as I hate massive boards since giving up windsurfing...At 70kg say if I develop moderate skill what would be a small board size for pumping the sh*t out of foil? I'm not interested in just going up and down leisurely and WANT something difficult to learn...Thinking of buying Moses 945 so I can use it with winging and kite surfing. wind range - 15-25kts
I'm 90 kg and now ride a 55L board (Fanatic Skywing 4'8"). I was hesitant to go this small, but its not that bad getting up if you have decent wind, which it sounds like you do! It's a lot easier to pump a small board. Weight also makes a difference so you can also use that to distinguish your board choices.

You could easily go negative on bouyancy, sub 70L, with your weight class. A 55-65L would be epic.
These users thanked the author consumer for the post:
sonny2727 (Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:55 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Wingsurfing”