Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

New Cabrinha Wingfoil Gear

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Crosswing X3

Already into its 3rd iteration, the Crosswing X3 sets a new benchmark in efficiency and on-demand power. Detailed work has been done by Cabrinha's R&D team into the wing profile and new radial canopy panel layout to achieve our most high-performing and reactive wing to date. The increased Leading edge diameter with load distributing centre section construction, creates an exceptionally stiff framework, which is further enhanced by the X3's innovative double strut. Strategic window placements and the double strut, allow for a wide field of view. So whether you are boosting to new heights or simply relaxing into your ride, take advantage of all of the X3's new cutting edge technical attributes.

Code Boards

The fresh new CODE board nods to the fast developing sport of wingsurfing. The Code builds off the successful Macro design offering an incredibly fast lifting maneuverable platform to get you up and riding in a flash. Premium materials make for an exceptionally lightweight & durable board that allows direct control from rider through to the foil. From first starts through to aerial freestyle and wave riding, the Code has been designed with the future of wingsurfing at the forefront.

H-Series Foils

The H-SERIES High Aspect foil range is the latest offering from Cabrinha’s state of the art foil design program in collaboration with Keahi De Aboitiz. The H-series wings represent the pinnacle in hydrodynamic efficiency & performance while seamlessly integrates into the Cab Fusion Foil system. The high aspect shape allows for effortless pumping, insane glide while retaining an 'easy-to-steer' feeling. Whether you use them for wing, kite or foil-surfing, rise to the occasion with all of the H-series’ cutting edge features and be prepared for the endless ride…

For more info, please visit:
www.cabrinha.com

StellaBlu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Winging
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New Cabrinha Wingfoil Gear

Postby StellaBlu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:04 pm

It looks like there's another all white, windowed prototype wing Cabrinha has been testing. They posted pics of Brodie Sutherland on it at Hood. Windows look different than the new Crosswing and it appears to have a conventional strut. Im guessing its a Mantis v2.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:56 am

Hopefully they fixed this thing. I have the Crosswing X2 in 5m, it's a turd. The wing's not stable in light or high winds if flying with one hand. Whether on the front loop or the front handle, it just constantly pivots/moves left and right for some reason. I knew it always felt unstable but then I tried my buddys F-One Swing and was surprised at the difference.

StellaBlu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Winging
Gear: -

Postby StellaBlu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:05 am

norcom wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:56 am
Hopefully they fixed this thing. I have the Crosswing X2 in 5m, it's a turd. The wing's not stable in light or high winds if flying with one hand. Whether on the front loop or the front handle, it just constantly pivots/moves left and right for some reason. I knew it always felt unstable but then I tried my buddys F-One Swing and was surprised at the difference.
I only have limited experience on the crosswing, but what you are describing is kind of the nature of the design. The second strut that forms the canopy prevents it from flattening and fully luffing. The canopy is essentially always active. Try the mantis.

irwe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Keswick
Favorite Beaches: Choche
South Padre Island
Silver Rock
Bahia Salinas
Style: Allaround
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Slingshot
Spleen
Axis
Best
Shinn
TKF
ConceptAir
Zeeko

Postby irwe » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:24 am

I would like to see a Fusion 2000 cm HA Foil for Light Wind Winging and Jump-Pump-Glide

Return to “Wingsurfing”