Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Forum for wing surfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kent Island
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby beebad » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:56 pm

I am all over the place. I just bought a slingwing 5.4v2 and thought I could use my dwarfcraft 54cm for wing foiling to learn on…… i laughed at leroys video on the 3 mistakes novice wingers make and the last was the wrong board…i said , yeah, right….then i started looking at the numbers. The dwarfcraft is about 24L. I weigh 170/5.8, so i guess i would need something stable around 80-100L to learn on.

Shit, I am accumulating a warehouse of gear and still searching for more…..anyway, will my slingshot setup fit other boards?

Novice board suggestions?
Last edited by beebad on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
redskykiter
Frequent Poster
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:50 am
Local Beach: Maumee Bay State Park
Gear: ALL Slingshot!
Brand Affiliation: Red Sky Surf & Snow
Location: Red Sky Surf & Snow Toledo, OH
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby redskykiter » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 pm

yes the hoverglide setup will work with SS wing boards...probably need a bigger front wing too
These users thanked the author redskykiter for the post:
beebad (Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:13 am)
Rating: 6.67%

beebad
Frequent Poster
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kent Island
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby beebad » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:46 pm

redskykiter wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 pm
yes the hoverglide setup will work with SS wing boards...probably need a bigger front wing too
Thanks for the response….

Pretty sure SS stuff will fit SS products….

i was wondering if the foil setup will fit OTHER BRAND BOARDS.

I also have the space skate front wing 1504cm.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3223
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/91/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 70cm mast
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby grigorib » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:40 am

Yes. 90mm wide track is the standard
These users thanked the author grigorib for the post:
beebad (Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:13 am)
Rating: 6.67%

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2797
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:00 am
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Location: Madison, Wi. USA.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:24 am

Hey Beebad...as mentioned, the tracks are most all boards are standard so the SS will fit most any board.

There's a fair amount to consider for boards and wings. If you are 170lbs, you should look at something in the 100L to 120L range.
The recommend about 20-40L over your weight in KG.
You're 77KG.

For a front wing, the space skate is meant for kiting where you don't need much lift to get going and it's not super small at 1500, but just not designed for winging.
It will work if you are really good and in stronger winds, but you will struggle if you are learning.

I carry Armstrong and Slingshot and something in the 1800 give or take a little will be much much better. The HS 1850 Armstrong is one of he better ones for wing foiling. Not too high aspect and just a great wing. If looking at SS, the Infinity 84cm will work well with your current set up and add a 48 tail.

One other thing to consider....the more athletic, flexible and young you are the more you can go with smaller boards, wings, etc.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help in any way. I sell a lot of winging gear and still have a good selection, including the new Phantasm's by Slingshot.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

beebad
Frequent Poster
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kent Island
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby beebad » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am

toyletbowl wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:24 am
Hey Beebad...as mentioned, the tracks are most all boards are standard so the SS will fit most any board.

There's a fair amount to consider for boards and wings. If you are 170lbs, you should look at something in the 100L to 120L range.
The recommend about 20-40L over your weight in KG.
You're 77KG.

For a front wing, the space skate is meant for kiting where you don't need much lift to get going and it's not super small at 1500, but just not designed for winging.
It will work if you are really good and in stronger winds, but you will struggle if you are learning.

I carry Armstrong and Slingshot and something in the 1800 give or take a little will be much much better. The HS 1850 Armstrong is one of he better ones for wing foiling. Not too high aspect and just a great wing. If looking at SS, the Infinity 84cm will work well with your current set up and add a 48 tail.

One other thing to consider....the more athletic, flexible and young you are the more you can go with smaller boards, wings, etc.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help in any way. I sell a lot of winging gear and still have a good selection, including the new Phantasm's by Slingshot.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
i have opened up a can of worms buying a wing. I only bought a wing to make the transition into foil boarding easier for me……now I am heading to outfit an altogether different and expensive genre. Frustrating because though I live on the eastcoast no one is selling used wing boards…wingsurf is a hot ticket right now! Lets see whats on your link!

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2797
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:00 am
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Location: Madison, Wi. USA.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:05 am

beebad wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am
toyletbowl wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:24 am
Hey Beebad...as mentioned, the tracks are most all boards are standard so the SS will fit most any board.

There's a fair amount to consider for boards and wings. If you are 170lbs, you should look at something in the 100L to 120L range.
The recommend about 20-40L over your weight in KG.
You're 77KG.

For a front wing, the space skate is meant for kiting where you don't need much lift to get going and it's not super small at 1500, but just not designed for winging.
It will work if you are really good and in stronger winds, but you will struggle if you are learning.

I carry Armstrong and Slingshot and something in the 1800 give or take a little will be much much better. The HS 1850 Armstrong is one of he better ones for wing foiling. Not too high aspect and just a great wing. If looking at SS, the Infinity 84cm will work well with your current set up and add a 48 tail.

One other thing to consider....the more athletic, flexible and young you are the more you can go with smaller boards, wings, etc.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help in any way. I sell a lot of winging gear and still have a good selection, including the new Phantasm's by Slingshot.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
i have opened up a can of worms buying a wing. I only bought a wing to make the transition into foil boarding easier for me……now I am heading to outfit an altogether different and expensive genre. Frustrating because though I live on the eastcoast no one is selling used wing boards…wingsurf is a hot ticket right now! Lets see whats on your link!
haha....100%. What starts out as a simple thing becomes almost an addiction. You aren't the first and won't be the last, but enjoy the journey. It's worth it.
I wing foil, kite foil, wake foil and e-foil and I can't get enough. Years ago, I started kite foiling more or less to just try it and was instantly hooked.
It's really hard finding used boards because the global supply chain is all messed up on some high demand items and boards are one of them. They can produce a lot more wings daily compared to boards. Enjoy it my friend.

Bob
These users thanked the author toyletbowl for the post:
beebad (Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:34 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Cefirmeza
Medium Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 65kg
Local Beach: Ceará - Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ceará, Brazil
Style: Kitefoil Wingfoil
Gear: Slingshot sst 4m, Airush Ultra 5m, brm cloud 5.5m, Peak4 4m/6m, Duotone Slick 3.5/4.5m
Sabfoil W1000,W800, Lift classic 150
Armstrong SKT3’11 25L
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby Cefirmeza » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:48 pm

I have been using the 4’6 dwarfcraft for winging in strong winds but I bet there are other SS boards way better to consider buying used because of the higher volume.

Alien air and prone foiling boards like High Roller must be great after dialing in the sinked start. Have anyone used them for winging surf style?
These users thanked the author Cefirmeza for the post:
beebad (Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:36 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

beebad
Frequent Poster
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kent Island
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby beebad » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Cefirmeza wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:48 pm
I have been using the 4’6 dwarfcraft for winging in strong winds but I bet there are other SS boards way better to consider buying used because of the higher volume.

Alien air and prone foiling boards like High Roller must be great after dialing in the sinked start. Have anyone used them for winging surf style?
I wish i could buy something used….none to be found lately unless i felt like driving to Michigan.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2797
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:00 am
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com
Location: Madison, Wi. USA.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: Will my slingshot hover glide flight school setup fit other boards?

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 pm

beebad wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:37 pm
Cefirmeza wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:48 pm
I have been using the 4’6 dwarfcraft for winging in strong winds but I bet there are other SS boards way better to consider buying used because of the higher volume.

Alien air and prone foiling boards like High Roller must be great after dialing in the sinked start. Have anyone used them for winging surf style?
I wish i could buy something used….none to be found lately unless i felt like driving to Michigan.
I actually just took in a new (but 2 years old - never ridden) Alien Air. Able to ship anywhere if interested.

Bob


Return to “Wingsurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests