Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

GWA Tarifa Wing Pro 2021 - Day 1- Surf-Freestyle Discipline

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:22 pm

GWA Tarifa Wing Pro 2021 - Day 1 – Surf-Freestyle Discipline

gwa.jpg

Watch and share the highlight video from day one and make sure you subscribe to the GWA YouTube Channel so you never miss a move!
There were a total of 6 women and 31 men registered to compete in the Surf-Freestyle discipline here in Tarifa, for this 2nd edition of the Tarifa Wing Pro. Balneario beach is once again the perfect chosen location for this final GWA World Tour event of the season.

The Women were first on the water yesterday with wind conditions ranging from 10 to 13 knots. The full Women's Elimination was completed, and the final was a true battle between Olivia Piana from France and Bowien van der Linden from the Netherlands. Although Bowien has already claimed the 2021 World Title, her mission in Tarifa was to also claim the win at this last event of the season. Olivia however, did not make it easy for her. Olivia rode solidly, landing a clean Frontside 3 scoring 4.77 points, but Bowien responded with one of her own, topping her score with 5.97 points. Both women landed almost every trick attempt, but it was Bowien who finally claimed the win with an overall score of 14.5 points, over Olivia’s 13.03 points.

“I’m crazy happy, it still feels so surreal,” said Bowien. “I just went to Leucate to try out competing, and now look at the result! I think wingfoiling is going to be really big. I’m amazed at how fast it is growing. People can enjoy it everywhere, you don’t need 20 knots, you can ride in almost anything. That’s what makes it so great.”

1st Bowien van der Linden (NED/RRD)
2nd Olivia Piana (FRA)
3rd Flora Artzner (FRA/F-One)
4th Orane Ceris (FRA/Airush)

For the Men's Elimination, Rounds 1 and 2 were completed. All men remain in competition, and today the eliminations will begin with Round 3.

Return to “Wingsurfing”