Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Axis front wings ART or HPS?

Forum for wing surfers
czareka
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 92
Local Beach: Kessenich in Begium, Lake Zalew Zegrzyński, Lake Kierskie, Poland, Narty Lake Poland
Favorite Beaches: Sotavento on Fuerteventura
Brouwersdam in Holland
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Div. Armstrong Foils, Skywalker Board by Aeroboards, F One Surffoil 38L, Armstrong Wingsurf 34L Board, Su2 Boards, Sabfoil Fluente, Ozone Wings, Cabrinha Moto, Kauper-XT Falcon, Ozone Hyperlink.
Brand Affiliation: None

Axis front wings ART or HPS?

Postby czareka » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi Guys,

which AXIS front wing has the best speed? ART or HPS? I just got my PNG1310 but want to extend my quiver with front wings for wingfoiling. For light wind & stronger wind. My weight is about 92 kg wet. My board 34L Armstrong Wing Surf.

I get up and foil with my old Armstrong 1550v2 and 7m CWC in about 12/13 kts of constant wind. I'm looking for a replacement with AXIS Foils. And want more speed as with the HS1550v2 and HA925.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Cheers!
Cesar

irwe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Keswick
Favorite Beaches: Choche
South Padre Island
Silver Rock
Bahia Salinas
Style: Allaround
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Slingshot
Spleen
Axis
Best
Shinn
TKF
ConceptAir
Zeeko

Re: Axis front wings ART or HPS?

Postby irwe » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 am

Before you purchase another Axis Front Foil. I assume you are riding the Axis Red Fuse with your 1310 PNG. Note: the Axis ART and HPS Front Foils are not compatible with the Axis Red Fuse, you would need the Black Fuse
These users thanked the author irwe for the post:
czareka (Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:04 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Postby fluidity » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:42 pm

I don't ride the Axis wings but a lot of the locals do. From what I've heard, you want the ART series and at your weight, the two smaller ones. Second to smallest would be your go-to foil. I make my own foils to suit the black Axis fuselage but my current ones are optimised for low speed efficiency, not high speed glide. I'll probably do another series early 2023 but they will still have some stall resistance optimisations and breach resilience that Axis currently don't have for their market.
If you ride footstraps for jumping then you might be better off with the HPS though, ART are thin and a friend who is around 110kg has snapped one. He got a replacement, no issues but they are glide oriented.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:01 pm

fluidity wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:42 pm
I don't ride the Axis wings but a lot of the locals do. From what I've heard, you want the ART series and at your weight, the two smaller ones. Second to smallest would be your go-to foil. I make my own foils to suit the black Axis fuselage but my current ones are optimised for low speed efficiency, not high speed glide. I'll probably do another series early 2023 but they will still have some stall resistance optimisations and breach resilience that Axis currently don't have for their market.
If you ride footstraps for jumping then you might be better off with the HPS though, ART are thin and a friend who is around 110kg has snapped one. He got a replacement, no issues but they are glide oriented.

Hmm, are you sure the two smallest will work for everyone as their foilwing for higher wind?

For me it would be too small, at 78 kg.

I know two really good riders, who use supersmall foilwings, so a few like these.

The Axis ART 699 is only 543 cm2.
And the 799 is 707 cm2.

That is not much, eventhough the higher AR will give a tad more lift yes.

Some has such good technique that they hardly never come down in transitions, and like to go fast, and here supersmall wings works.

8) Peter

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm

I would say at 92kg you want the 999 if only 1 foil and using the png in super light wind or if you want to not use the png winging get the 1099 and 899 then you are covered.
At 92 kg you will want 20knts at least for the 799
These users thanked the author leepasty for the post:
czareka (Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:37 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Wingsurfing”