Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR
Brand Affiliation: None

Gong Hipe Pro

Postby fun2kite » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:34 am

What are the views on Gong inflatable boards?

is there a consensus on what is the "king" of inflatable boards in terms of quality of construction and how they ride?

I was told that many people complain about quality of previous Gong inflatable boards? What is the view of people on this forum?

The new upcoming Hipe Pro, claims much better construction and being 95% as good as hard board.. Any thoughts?

I already have 120L hard F-one board and dont' have more space. was thinking to get a 5'1" inflatable for easy travel and windier days..

https://www.gong-galaxy.com/en/product/ ... -hipe-pro/

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Re: Gong Hipe Pro

Postby Janus » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:25 pm

So far I have had no issues with my Hipe's (5.1 and 4.11) good quality, good great plate for the solid feeling, the board is "rock" solid and bounces on it.. 8) try that with a hard board.. :lol:
Touchdowns are a bit more draggy, a (good) hardboard just touch and plane further and gets a bit easily more startup speed. With touchdowns quicly backfoot pressure get you up before slowing down too much. I think the same size hard boards are a bit lighter.
As you said; easy travel, no worries with transport.. and for stronger wind I would go smaller, as small as you can.. 8) I (70kg) find my 4.11 (70L) stable enough.. wish I did go smaller.. :wink: 8)
These users thanked the author Janus for the post (total 2):
fun2kite (Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:07 pm) • BenS (Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:30 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

tripman
Medium Poster
Local Beach: North Sea, Channel, Brittany
Style: Surfkiting + HF + wing
Gear: Noremana 5'2 95L
Gong Hipe pro 5'1
BRM W2 4m, 5.5m
Foil Allure 1300 + 1000
KETOS 1200 + stab Karver S
Pocket KETOS 107
Board Riding Maui Cloud E 2.8, E 3.7, E 4.8, E 6.2, D 8, D 10.4
Stallion V1 TDZ 5'2''

Postby tripman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:39 pm

I owned a Hipe v1 5'3 and loved it. No brainer. Quality of previous Gong inflatable? I had no problem at all and it's dead simple to fix an inflatable if you have anything. The 5'3 Hipe was more draggy than a hard board especially when touching down (which is why I decided to go for a hard board).
I now have a Hipe Pro 5'1 (I'm 85 to 90 kg) and love it. Not draggy at all, it really bounce back immediately after touch down. It also feels smaller than my other 95L hard board. Hipe Pro has narrower nose and tail. I had a Hip Pro 4'8 but it was too instable for me for knee start. The 5'1 is the perfect fit for me. To the point that I'm selling my hard board.
These users thanked the author tripman for the post (total 2):
BenS (Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:30 pm) • JoseTumaco (Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:18 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Eltreato
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk

Postby Eltreato » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:18 pm

I bought a Hipe 5'1" about a year and a half ago and have loved it. In fact I just ordered the Pro version to get the back footstraps, bottom handle and SCS track system. The only improvement I would like to see is a hard edge lip on the tail like the Fanatic, so I make my own for now.

Return to “Wingsurfing”