Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Can I really use my trainer for snowkiting?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can I really use my trainer for snowkiting?

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:05 pm

Took a couple kiteboarding lessons, enjoyed them, decided to buy a trainer.

I bought the Airush 3M trainer, in part, because kitemare told me I could use this for snowkiting in the winter. The other part, is that I live in Maryland and figured the bigger trainer would let me use it in light wind...which I have. Its a lot of fun in all winds.

I was just wondering how accurate their claim is. I'm not sure what strength lines come with the kite (not listed).

Is this big enough to use and if so, is there anything I should upgrade on the kite before trying it on the snow this winter?

Thanks, :thumb:
-todd

lemur
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lemur » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:58 am

Hey Todd

I skiied 2 years and started to learn how to snowboard last winter with my 4.2 C quad...I weigh 140 lbs and there were many days I wished I had a smaller kite...

How much do you weigh?..I would say you will have best luck skiing on frozen lakes or harh packed snow....I felt I needed morwe power to snowboard but again I had never snowboarded before and as such usually went out with wind in lower range of kite...3 x 2 hr sessions and I was going upwind :thumb:

If you want to have some fun now consider the "wheels of doom"....I made a pair and they are a hoot and quite safe despite their name..

Good Luck
Rob

Return to “Snow / Land”