Forum for snow- and landkiters
Ramon FS
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: FS Sales
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer's new open-celled Outlaw,with Total Depower System

Postby Ramon FS » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:49 am

We are pleased to announce to you a NEW addition to our great FLYSURFER line-up.
Just in time for the winter season we present to you our new OUTLAW.
Sizing will be: 6m, 8m, 10m, 12m and 14m

The OUTLAW is an open-celled snow- and landkite. The OUTLAW is a new design in our line-up. With superb performance, handling and turning speed. Bringing you several new innovations in open-celled kite design!

Made in premium FLYSURFER quality, the OUTLAW gives it’s a rider a stable and secure platform to perform his tricks on, without sacrificing handling. With its high turning speed and tight turning radius, climbing up the hill has never been so easy!
Power per m2 is at a very high level, meaning you can easily take a size smaller than planned.

The OUTLAW incorporates all the newest FLYSURFER technologies and features,
bringing 3 new innovations in open-celled kite design to the market!

* Total Depower System offers you more power and depower on-demand! Creating the best depowering snow- and landkite in the industry.

* The patented Jet-Flap Technology has been build into the OUTLAW, contributing to a kite which gives you even more power and stability. Jet-Flaps are a vital part in increasing lift and reducing stalls, enabling you to ride safer.

* Auto Bleed Over control, adapted from its closed-celled brothers, is a self-cleaning system to automatically remove sand, rain and debris from the kite.

Optimized and thin profiles combined with our Jet-Flap Technology creates a kite which hardly has any backstall, meaning insane pop for its rider combined with a serious portion of lift.

Shorter, Covered and Color coded left and right sides of the bridles make it easy to spot them in the snow. The self stabilizing profile, adopted from our water kites,
helps in gusty mountain or inland conditions. Super low stretch materials in combination with an adjusted airfoil, gives the OUTLAW a great light, but very direct bar feeling.

The already well known Hard/Soft Steering is continuously adjustable on the OUTLAW allowing riders to adjust according to individual desire. In this way, the rider can decide between extremely heavy or extremely light bar forces – even up to 50% lighter than any other kite.

The OUTLAW comes standard with the Front Line Safety (FLS) and also, FLYSURFER adds a cross-line to the OUTLAW bar for the Back Stall Safety (BSS), which is preferred by many snowkite and landkite users. Through this combination the rider has a further developed and optimized safety, which combines a high safety level with the possibility of a re-launch!

The OUTLAW incorporates our renowned high level of durability, with its stiffened canopy, special cell walls and re-enforced internal structure,
FLYSURFER backs this up with our 6-Month Free Repair warrantee with the purchase of an OUTLAW.

Press release can be downloaded here:
http://www.flysurfer.com/gallery2_code/ ... elease.pdf

freezorburn
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer's new open-celled Outlaw,with Total Depower System

Postby freezorburn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Sweet looking kite. I would have to fly it. I have a hard time buying a kite I have never flown. Can you compare it to a frenzy are Manta?

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:11 am

Can it be ordered in a larger size like the other kites - say 19 meters?

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Postby lewmt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 am

Seems like a huge yawn to me. If FS wants to take their stuff to the hinterlands so folks can demo(& not team riders) then maybe it'll become something to look at.

north idaho kiter
Rare Poster

Postby north idaho kiter » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:24 am

Yep! Agreed, theres already too many other companies with easy access to demos pushin into the snow market in the NW at least. Like at the GTO2 in MT comin up :thumb: !!!!! 8)
Attachments
GTO II Final.jpg
GTO II Final.jpg (124.54 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

Luke S
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Long Reef, Stockton Beach
Style: Freestyle Kite Buggy
Gear: Flysurfer Speed II's

Postby Luke S » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:39 am

freezorburn wrote:Sweet looking kite. I would have to fly it. I have a hard time buying a kite I have never flown. Can you compare it to a frenzy are Manta?

Hi Freeze,

Yes you can expect it to be comparable to the Frenzy & Manta for performance, it is designed for land freestyle for snow/landboard/buggy.

Respect for the Ozone Manta, I used to own and fly them, although I am expecting big things from the Outlaw.

Here is a few photos of it in the flesh.

I really like the blue :P

FS are bringing it out as currently the industry for land depower is dominated by Ozone........

Healthy competition & choice, is a good thing IMO!. :D

Time will tell :wink:

Luke S
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Long Reef, Stockton Beach
Style: Freestyle Kite Buggy
Gear: Flysurfer Speed II's

Postby Luke S » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:59 am

lewmt wrote:Seems like a huge yawn to me. If FS wants to take their stuff to the hinterlands so folks can demo(& not team riders) then maybe it'll become something to look at.

Hi lewmt,

I agree with you, more accessible demos would make it a lot easier for sure!

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:55 pm

What is the mechanism that makes the kite "Totally Depower"?

How does it work? Do you just push out the bar?

The Psycho 2 kites used to have a 4 to 1 depower ratio. What is the depower ratio on the Outlaw's "Total Depower System"?

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:21 am

That event looks like a fun time.. Do you guys usually have good conditions that time of the year?
I will see If we have Time and we can get invited to the event.. I would love to come out and show you guys the new Flysurfer Products... Thanks for the info Ted B FLYSURFER-USA.com

north idaho kiter
Rare Poster

Postby north idaho kiter » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:50 am

Yep conditions are usually prime by then. Heck its Montana! 8) I shouldnt speak for Underground, but I will anyway. Everyone is invited, if your wnat to run a demo tent however, a small donation for the local S.A.R. is required. Hope to see you there, I would love to try some of these bad boys out, as so far Im an inflatable deciple. :thumb:

Return to “Snow / Land”