Medium Poster
Style: Waves
Gear: North Vegas, surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

private land owner waiver for snowkiting farmlands

Postby spleeft » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Are there any lawyers out there ,or any one for that matter, that have come up with a quick legal paper that one could give to a land owner who is not sure they should let you snowkite on their land? This could show that they aren't liable for any injuries.

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns

Re: private land owner waiver for snowkiting farmlands

Postby lewmt » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:54 pm

This is the waiver I offer landowners. They seem to like it but I'm no lawyer so there are probably better ways to phrase things.

"I appreciate the permission you've granted me to fly kites and ride on your land. The sport I'm doing has it's own inherent risks and I am fully aware of them and any hazards which may arise from kiteboarding on your property. Any actions I take will be at my own risk. I will in no way hold you or any person in ownership of this property responsible for anything that happens to me while kiteboarding on your land. Furthermore if any action I take while kiteboarding on your property causes any measure of damage to any aspect of your property I will take whatever measures necessary to repair or pay for any damages caused by my actions.

I will close any gates found closed upon my entry to them. I will not ride close to or startle livestock. I will respect your wishes on locations you've permitted me to ride and respect any you wish me to avoid. If you wish me to, I will call before each time I ride on your property. I will not bring anyone else unless I've made sure you are aware of the person(s) I'm with and have gained their permission as well.

Thank you very much for allowing me to enjoy recreational pursuits on your property."

tikayak
Medium Poster

Postby tikayak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:38 pm

You could contact Bob Diehl the Lewis County Trail Coordinator for information that he uses for Snowmobiels and also will be using for kiters up on the Tug Hill in New York. His E-Mail is bdiehl@lewiscountyny.org He has been a great help in getting kitting going up on the Tug Hill and getting land owners to let us fly. jan :thumb:

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby rvrrat » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:07 am

This is the form I use a lawyer friend of mine wrote, JR.
Attachments
Release of All Liability.doc
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

spleeft
Medium Poster
Style: Waves
Gear: North Vegas, surfboards

Postby spleeft » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:01 am

Thanks for all the great replies and info! What kinds of reactions have you'all got from land owners while using these "releases" ?

Return to “Snow / Land”