Forum for snow- and landkiters
kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitestorm was a blast

Postby kjelleren » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:35 am

Rachael pulled off another great Kitestorm event on Lake Champlain in Vermont. Saturday was light winds, but Sunday was 10-20. Six races were held with Chris Krug coming in at the top of the list. There were times with over 50 kites in the air. Great vibe and people form all over. It was a real pleasure to meet kiters from DC, Minnesota, PA, NYC, Boston, New Hampshire, Maine and lots of locals. Great party and dinner at the hotel. And even better, it looks like Rachael is going to do year 8!

Big thanks to Rachael and James for pulling this event together.

Feyd
Rare Poster

Re: Kitestorm was a blast

Postby Feyd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:09 am

Yee Haw!

Great time and you're right about the vibe. Everyone was having a good time and nobody showed up with a bad attitude that I saw. Moral was low out on the ice on Saturday with no wind but everyone took it in stride and seemed pumped at the dinner.

Nice job winning the kite Kjellerin. You were rockin it out there and Molly loved racing with you.

We had a lot of fun.

krf
Rare Poster
Style: snow kite
Gear: Ozone Frenzy, Telemark Ski
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby krf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Glad to hear that mother nature delivered for Kitestorm. First one I have missed in a few years and it sounds like it was a great time. Rachel and James are first class and it sounds like the new format was a lot of fun.

snowspider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: trying sylvan in 09
tug hill 09
Style: beginer
Gear: 2m , 3.6m , 5m , 9m foils ,,, 7+10m slingshot turbo diesle's
ski boards and home made "snow spider"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby snowspider » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 am

You guys and gals were quite a site at the start line with all the big kites held at zenith , I hope there are some pics of that. I set up my 12 year old with an old 3.6 ballistic for a while untill he said " Dad this thing flys like crapp, give me the other kite" It was his 3rd time with my 5m Naish element , by the end of the day he could have been out there racing. The kid is a natural. Thank you Rachel for another great event Sunday could not have been better.

rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn

Postby rudeboysaude » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Spider.. your rig made it back to MN safe and sound! Hoping to let people hop rides on it this weekend and at the Xing. Pics I took at the Storm are in a gallery here:

http://www.mnadventure.com/index.php?op ... =57&gid=49

Good times! Glad we could go out there and demo Chargers and meet new people. Always a blast.

Return to “Snow / Land”