Favorite Beaches: Wherever it's good
Style: all
Gear: Ozone, Mike's Lab, Underground, Kaenon
Brand Affiliation: Owner of UltraNectar
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Snowkiting Jackets

Postby UltraNectar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 am

Does anyone know any other snowkiting jackets being offered in the industry besides the one that UltraNectar has in stock now?

tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Snowkiting Jackets

Postby tinge » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 am

hmm i remeber i saw one last winter, but i dont remember where.

I know a lot of people that have done modifications to their regular snow jacket, to get the harnes under the jacket.
The most normal mod. Is , you cut holes in your pockets and then you tread your spreader bar through one pocket and connect it through the other pocket. Then you have the back suport under the jacket and the spreader bar outside the jakcket.
Also you can get a seamstress to sew a extra doble zipper in the front... like the ultranetctar.
But i think the zipper was a litle bit short on the ultranectar... :o

bpchilds
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Island
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha/DaKine

Postby bpchilds » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:46 pm

UltraNectar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco

Postby UltraNectar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm

This jacket is the BOMB! Ask the folks in Utah at Windzup/Ozone! http://www.ultranectar.com/snowkitejacket/
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK149\snowkite_mailchimp.html

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

I am having a custom jacket made from a company in victor,ID. I will get some pics up when I get it! These are not too expensive and you can customize everything. wayne

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

UltraNectar wrote:Does anyone know any other snowkiting jackets being offered in the industry besides the one that UltraNectar has in stock now?

there are two
http://www.mysticboarding.com/products/ ... ket/white/
and
http://www.mushow.cz/kitestore/mushow/s ... jacket-old

btw, UltraNectar, can you kindly tell us how much windproof and waterproof units your jackets have?

winds

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am

While we are asking UltraNectar ...... the website has no sizing info or way to send them an email that I can find.... If I'm debating spending usd 280 sight unseen on a jacket it would be nice to know what the actual sizes were in inches/cm, and at the same time a little about the fabrics and seaming too. The jacket seems nice has anyone lain hands or one owns one and could give it a users review.

there are more photos and info on it I found here
http://www.driftsnowkitemag.com/2010/12 ... te-jacket/

The Mushow jacket is better described on the store site (google translate) and since I have a neighbour from Cz I may just get her to ask some questions about it .. its priced at Cad 205 at current exchange and I suspect sales taxes might add 15% not sure about shipping .

UltraNectar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco

Postby UltraNectar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 am

Well you are right and there should be more sizing info on the site. I am 5'11 and about 175 lbs and the Large fits me perfectly. The XL grades up 1" in length and arm length and down 1" for size M. All of these jackets are somewhat custom and made from a numbef of different highly technical fabrics. Ultrex, Gortex, andTomen are all used. The whateproof breathabiloity ranges from 6000mm to 20,000mm. All zippers are YKK and the front zipper is a heavy #8 while the other pocket and vent zippers are slightly reflective and waterproof.
One thing is for sure, you will not be showing up at at your riding spot with someone wearing the same jacket.
I rode in this jacket and was super stoked but don't take it from me. Ask Kafka at www.wowkite.com or Anton at Colorado kite Force or Brian and Jake at Kite Utah/Windzup.
These are made in Oakland Califoirnia by our local factory who has made product for Patiogonia, North Face, Sessions, Four Square, Bamboo Curtain, Curves, Ibex, Ernesto etc. They have been making outerware since the beginning of the snowboard boom. It is pretty cool to see them back making quality stuff! Sorry China!

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 pm

There's always the Kite Panel option if you have a non kite specific jacket that you like. As long as you have a YKK zipper you can get one and they work sweet. Cheap $$.

http://www.mnadventure.com

kiteonsnow
Rare Poster

Postby kiteonsnow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm

UltraNectar wrote:Does anyone know any other snowkiting jackets being offered in the industry besides the one that UltraNectar has in stock now?
UltraNectar can you tell me how much shipping cost to UK ? I dont want to fill in my credit card details before I know how much the shipping going to be.
Estimate Shipping Costs quote not telling me anything when I put my details in the boxs also will be nice if you can provide contact details on your shop :)

Return to “Snow / Land”