HQ kites are a bad joke

Forum for snow- and landkiters
windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: HQ kites are a bad joke

Postby windrider1 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Dude ure ranting about nonsense , just take the kite out on a decent wind day and fly it 4 knts is NO wind in kiting . Im sure they dont make a manual for every single kite in the lineup so while 4 knts is not suitable for a 4m kite u can actaully fly may be an 8m or 10m open cell in that wind.
:idea:
Ittiandro wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:19 pm
I'm glad to hear that, contrary to what the starter of the thread implies in the title, HQ kites are not a joke..I really hope so!

I totally own my inexperience, but my disappointment that the kite cannot fly in 4 knts is NOT due to the naïve expectation of a rookie: it is the manufacturer itself that makes the 4 knts claim and I took their word for it. I

I am sure that with 15 knts the kite would have at least flown, although not as efficiently due my learning curve . If at least it lifted off, I never would have blamed the quality of the product for my own inexperience if I had problems in controlling the kite, but the fact is that in 4 knts it didn’t even take off, while according to the manufacturer, it should.

Ittiandro

collider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plumb
Gear: Arcs/Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: HQ kites are a bad joke

Postby collider » Thu May 30, 2019 7:05 pm

edit: reread, I sounded pissy - wasn't my intention.
cliff notes - get some lessons, or someone to at least walk you through how to do this safely. 4 knots is too light to do anything with your kite, and 20 knots will be too much wind and dangerous (for a noob) on land. A 4m fixed bridle can be very dangerous in high winds. You can get picked up very easily, and there is not enough kite to let you down gently.
Also, start a new thread. This one is ancient, and full of bad information.

Return to “Snow / Land”