Style: mountain board kiting
Gear: Atom 90 mountain board.
Looking for a kite.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please Help :)

Postby neeko64 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Okay So i live in Texas so obviously there isn't any water or snow. I just recently bought an Atom 90 Mountain board because I have seen lots of videos of people using mountain boards and kites. I have been researching 'Power Kites' and 'Traction Kites' for the last 2 or 3 days now. I really need some good suggestions on what I should go with. I just started and I am about 5'3", 110 lb., and I'm 14 years old. I have been trying to find inexpensive kites and have been successful. If you have a suggestion PLEASE post back. I have been looking at 'HQ Kites', 'HQ Trainer Kites', and 'HQ Symphony Kites'. I don't know much about what I'm looking for so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nick

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Please Help :)

Postby robertovillate » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 am

HQ kites would be fine for your land board.

The overall quality of the kites is very good. They are also making some decent foil kites for water kitesuirfing, but I'm not a big fan of their bar on the bigger kites. They have a full range of sizes depending on your wind, but at your current weight you probably don't need a very big kite if you are running on clean firm surfaces. I have a few new 3m HQ Rush 3-pros and a few used foil kites if you are interested. I use the 3m Rush for lessons and it has good pull and an easy relaunch system.

Send me a PM with a tel# and I'll try to give you a calland explain any other info.

If you don't already know you should wear a helmet/knee pads/elbow pads...falling on the hard ground can hurt. And if there is someone nearby to show you some basic kite skills you will have better success.

snowspider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: trying sylvan in 09
tug hill 09
Style: beginer
Gear: 2m , 3.6m , 5m , 9m foils ,,, 7+10m slingshot turbo diesle's
ski boards and home made "snow spider"

Postby snowspider » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 pm

I agree a 3 meter trainer kite would work well for you. HQ has good prices on new kites and even better pricing on dealer overstock of last years models and there is a great selection of used kites on various forums.
Also follow good advice when you hear it , wear pads , its a lot more fun when it does'nt hurt!
powerkiteforum.com has large group of atb flyers ,many from the great state of Texas.

neeko64
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2011
Favorite Beaches: None
Style: mountain board kiting
Gear: Atom 90 mountain board.
Looking for a kite.

Postby neeko64 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 pm