Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

12m Peak 2 - more impressions

Forum for snow- and landkiters
fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

12m Peak 2 - more impressions

Postby fernmanus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:29 am

I have had more time flying the 12m Peak 2, so I thought I would write a follow-up to my first post.

Extreme wind - yesterday I flew the kite at Skyline on an uncommon east wind and 2 feet of new powder. The wind at the launch was around 15 knots, but once I got to the ridgetop it was easily doing 30 - 35 knots. In wind that strong, I decided to just glide off the hill rather than trying to make turns. The kite glides well and I did a number of glides. I also had the chance to use the depower cleat and it works nicely. Landing - the kite dropped like a stone even in 15 knots. I did let the kite go to the leash to avoid an unexpected power up.

Light wind - today I loaned the kite to a kiter that is experienced on the water, yet new to snowkiting. Wind was blowing around 8 - 10 knots at the launch and 12 - 15 on the ridge. Launch was fast and immediate with no pre-inflation necessary. It was rewarding to watch him zip past LEI riders that were struggling in some of the lighter spots to try and access the hill. He rode like he had been snowkiting for years. No struggling with the kite in wind shadow areas or struggling to relaunch. He dropped the kite once or twice, but immediately relaunched. Near the end of our session, I noticed the wind was dropping and signaled to him to head towards the road. Once again, he zipped by the LEI riders and made it to the shoulder of the road. The wind was dead and we walked a hundred yards back to the launch area. He was impressed with the kite. It was the perfect tool for him today.

herculon
Medium Poster
Local Beach: steinhuder meer
Baltic sea: Rostock Warnemünde
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 12m Peak 2 - more impressions

Postby herculon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 pm

sounds good ! any chance you have a video of your sessions or a video where you glide down the hill?

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 12m Peak 2 - more impressions

Postby fernmanus » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:52 pm

The morning when I did some gliding on the 12m Peak 2, the temperature was -7 degrees F, add to that wind at 30 - 35 knots and I doubt my GoPro would have lasted for more than a few minutes... :o

Return to “Snow / Land”