Rare Poster
Local Beach: Christchurch
Gear: Takoon LEIs, Flysurfer Cool
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer question

Postby LandKiteNZ » Tue May 19, 2015 10:23 am

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2nd hand Flysurfer Cool 9 m (~2006?). I just wondered if anyone out there could tell me if its possible to increase the depower range on this kite. It feels like there is not much depower range on the bar, at least compared to my LEI kites and bar I have from Takoon. I also wondered whether its possible to change the Flysurfer bar to another 4 line bar for example my Takoon to give more depower? I was flying the kite in 15-18 knot winds yesterday and found it a little daunting but maybe that's just me not used to using a foil?! Hopefully there is someone there who still knows something about this older kite! I eventually was hoping to use it in the snow as well once I mastered using it on the beach here. Thanks very much for any advice or if anyone can tell me worthwhile mods that help to get the most out of it!
Mark

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Re: Flysurfer question

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

That kite, like many foils of that age, has pretty limited depower. And as a foil pound for pound it will generate a lot more power than your LEI. You may have some limited success running it on another bar that has a longer depower throw or trim but I couldn't say how much.

Return to “Snow / Land”