Forum for snow- and landkiters
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 355
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
- Style: Adapt and overcome.
- Gear: Foil kites and skis.
- Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, GIN and HQ kites.
- Location: North Conway NH. USA
If you can't ride ice, you miss a lot of days on the Beast Coast.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:35 am
- Kiting since: 1999
- Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites
- Location: Dillon, CO
Magnetraction works great, small kites for roaming around, big kites for jumping. I usually won't even jump much on anything smaller than a 15. If the wind dies when you're in the air, a 15 or 18 gives a much softer landing. If it's nuking out the old term keep it low and go applies, those days are good for going for speed records. The wind might be different out east but in the mountains anything above a consistent 15mph it's probably going to be gusting to 25 or 30, not good for jumping if you don't want to crater.
Return to “Snow / Land”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest