Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh - what to check on arrival?

Postby foilholio » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:04 pm

norcom wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Finally decided to try a Pansh. Picked up the "new" Genesis 2019 3m to try as a training kite for my girlfriend. Looked great out of the bag! Bridal lines didn't feel Ozone/Flysurfer quality but the kite looked well built and overall I was impressed.

Then I took it for a test flight in 15-20mph wind and this is where I was majorly disappointed. Maybe not that much, it was somewhat expected. :lol: The kite just backstalls when completely sheeted in on a tuned 4 line bar; literally just goes to land. Even with the bar all the way out it just sits deep in the center of the window. Depowering all the way was the ONLY way to get it to fly to zenith but the kite felt like complete crap because you could barely turn it now. It did have some power in the loops and I felt that I could have gotten up with a surf foil but wasn't worth trying.

Any suggestions on what to mod first? I can fly it but it's definitely not suitable for teaching with.
Reading this original post again where you complain about the kite, it does seem your primary problem is you can't trim a kite. A video of the kite would have proven the problem better.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:19 pm

foilholio wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:04 pm
norcom wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:04 pm
Finally decided to try a Pansh. Picked up the "new" Genesis 2019 3m to try as a training kite for my girlfriend. Looked great out of the bag! Bridal lines didn't feel Ozone/Flysurfer quality but the kite looked well built and overall I was impressed.

Then I took it for a test flight in 15-20mph wind and this is where I was majorly disappointed. Maybe not that much, it was somewhat expected. :lol: The kite just backstalls when completely sheeted in on a tuned 4 line bar; literally just goes to land. Even with the bar all the way out it just sits deep in the center of the window. Depowering all the way was the ONLY way to get it to fly to zenith but the kite felt like complete crap because you could barely turn it now. It did have some power in the loops and I felt that I could have gotten up with a surf foil but wasn't worth trying.

Any suggestions on what to mod first? I can fly it but it's definitely not suitable for teaching with.
Reading this original post again where you complain about the kite, it does seem your primary problem is you can't trim a kite. A video of the kite would have proven the problem better.

I lost interest in that kite. :D

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Just playing with my aurora2 today .
I could see that A2 A3 connection to kite seemed tighter than anything else causing front edge collapse on inflation,also in gusty conditions. I added 2cm extensions just to the connections and noticed a vast improvement.I then tried 4cm this increased bar pressure immensely.27 knot gust lofting me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🥴🙈🙈. I want to try A2 extended 2cm A3 4cm or A3 3cm just to see if there is a happy balance 😍.
Attachments
IMG_20200212_191613.jpg
received_193912348654191.jpeg
Screenshot_20200212_225304_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:28 am

If you think some bridles are particular out you may want to check against a line plan. To measure the kite quickly you can just measure the differences from the shortest bridle. Then reconstruct lengths in excel with formulas to compare against the line plan.

My first stage to adjust any kite would be to play with Z and check symmetry (particularly if the problem is more to one side). One effect of changing either A or B is it affects the depower of the kite. If it is just the profile that is causing the problem you can instead alter Z and C. Although you may think restricting depower is the best or only solution, the torque effects of a higher camber profile can cause a kite to roll forward and collapse. I would also suggest disconnecting the Z very tip bridle to increase performance and stability.

Return to “Snow / Land”