Local Beach: Nahant, MA
Style: Kite landboarding and skiing
Gear: Gin, JOJO, Mac Para, Ozone, Flysurfer, Flexifoil Ground Industries, MBS
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby B-Roc » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm

slide wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am
british airways ground all their fleet from gatwick today and what does that mean climate fans
Let me take a guess, could it mean that economies and industries are dying as unemployment, mortality and infection rates continue to climb and you think this is good thing. Did I figure it out?

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:17 am

B-Roc wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm
slide wrote:
british airways ground all their fleet from gatwick today and what does that mean climate fans
Let me take a guess, could it mean that economies and industries are dying as unemployment, mortality and infection rates continue to climb and you think this is good thing. Did I figure it out?
Lay off slidey! Read through the thread and figure it out. He is doing the best he can. No good is to be had by rippin on him.

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:25 am

Matteo V wrote:
B-Roc wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm
slide wrote:
Lay off slidey! Read through the thread and figure it out. He is doing the best he can. No good is to be had by rippin on him.
Probably best too start a new thread if were to get back on topic, he's alienated everybody to the point now where it's just become an incoherent conversation with himself.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Foil kites on the snow

Postby Matteo V » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:36 am

prop_joe wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:25 am
Probably best too start a new thread if were to get back on topic, he's alienated everybody to the point now where it's just become an incoherent conversation with himself.
So, I'm only defending him because he has the unique ability to expose the mentality of those on the extreme left. This exposure does more to further a more right-leaning position, then it does to strengthen the left-leaning position.

I would encourage him to continue on. And I am also very interested in what he has to say. Not necessarily for its content, but rather for its window into the mental gymnastics surrounding the left's position on this issue.

But what I would really like to see here, is some sensitivity to his current health situation.

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:19 am

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:36 am
prop_joe wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:25 am
So, I'm only defending him because he has the unique ability to expose the mentality of those on the extreme left. This exposure does more to further a more right-leaning position, then it does to strengthen the left-leaning position.

I would encourage him to continue on. And I am also very interested in what he has to say. Not necessarily for its content, but rather for its window into the mental gymnastics surrounding the left's position on this issue.

But what I would really like to see here, is some sensitivity to his current health situation.
Yes but climate change is a matter of science, the left/right crap should be irrelevent. I'm not interested in who wins the argument, i'm just interested in what is and what isn't. Slide's posts have become so random and disjointed i don't think they do anything for any 'side' or anyone tbh.

It could be argued that encouraging him to continue making a fool of himself is crueller than to actually question and attempt to get him to engage.

As for the window into the left mentality... as mad as most of them are using Slide as your guinea pig is not really a fair test :)

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Foil kites on the snow

Postby Matteo V » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:55 am

prop_joe wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:19 am
Policy has never been set by science. It has been set by an overwhelming majority of emotion and Cherry Picked tidbits of science. In order to understand this phenomena, one must embrace the emotional sides of the issue.

A purely objective examination of the issue of climate change yields the reality that there are more questions than answers. Thus this is the perfect issue with which to discuss the emotional aspects of those with slides views.

Beating slide up for who he is, and his problems, will not further the exposure of this mentality. And this is key with this issue, as well as other issues where extremist tend to write policy. We desperately need to examine and understand where these ideas are coming from, and how the internal logic works, before we can find a solution to this type of extremism.

slide
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5

Postby slide » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:39 pm

air pollution dropping is a good thing -infact its a great thing-if only there was an argument there , but sadly there isn't

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites

Postby kiteykitekite » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Slide seems like a russian troll. It is apparently a strategy of russia (and china) to push the pro climate change agenda in other nations, so they can't compete as well and won't make as much fossil fuels, i.e. higher prices for producers.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:51 pm

That’s funny, you often strike me as the kind of personality the Russian trolls are looking to engage.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Yes, my contempt for climate bedwetting has reached a new high.
tpros.jpg

Return to “Snow / Land”