Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Pemba
Frequent Poster
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 am
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Pemba » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am

prop_joe wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 pm
SimonP wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 pm

There are only two world leaders who deny anthropogenic climate change, Trump and Bolsanaro.
I know he often says 'fake news' and 'hoax' to journo's when climate change is brought up but has he ever said outright that agw doesn't exist/is false? ...or is he just a bit more like some of the skeptics in this thread that believe it's happening but just being over exaggerated? I'm inclined to believe the later is more likely and that he's just getting painted as a flat out denier by the media... only guessing.
No idea about Trump and Bolsonaro's personal opinions. But they are acting like AGW doesn't exist wouldn't you say ?

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:27 am

huge forest fires in siberia , that are out of control and giving off huge amounts of co2, that will affect us all ,just another example of the planet getting hotter, dryer and the californian fires are the worst they have ever seen as they get bigger every year, but trump says its bad forest management and it will get colder :lol: which is very reasuring for those that are left with a pile of ash and rubble that was their home

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm

now china can see they need to act - they pledge to be carbon neutral by 2060 , so there is hope developing and hopefully growing
stand back and take a look at the new tech jobs and a huge industry we all could create , millions of people working in jobs where we all are involved in a clean sustainable future giving our desendants a good heathy life where wild life is encouraged , heathy living is a given , with clean air , no pollution in oceans ,or in the soil
we did not have to go down this route , it could have been with a bit of thought been much better , but we as humans need to get together and stop this madness how we live -we could live clean with a few changes , it is that simple , get on board

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Havre » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:30 pm

I fully agree. The madness needs to stop.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2059
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Matteo V » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:39 pm

slide wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm
now china can see they need to act - they pledge to be carbon neutral by 2060 , so there is hope developing and hopefully growing
stand back and take a look at the new tech jobs and a huge industry we all could create , millions of people working in jobs where we all are involved in a clean sustainable future giving our desendants a good heathy life where wild life is encouraged , heathy living is a given , with clean air , no pollution in oceans ,or in the soil
we did not have to go down this route , it could have been with a bit of thought been much better , but we as humans need to get together and stop this madness how we live -we could live clean with a few changes , it is that simple , get on board
Yes, China will be the moral leader of the world in the future. That much, you and I agree on.

The first great environmental disaster was the cleanup of the West with the institution of strict environmental regulations. This sent the environmentally destructive means of production away from the West to the second and third world where there were no environmental restrictions. Being free of any regards for the environment, environmentally destructive means of production flourished and increased likely threefold. Thanks China and western environmentalists!

The second great environmental disaster was institution of fluorescent lamp mandates which saw vast quantities of Mercury dumped along our roadways and even School yards. But that one's pretty much all on us.

The third great environmental disaster was the institution of recycling mandates in the West. With no regard for whether or not those carefully "collected, sorted, and shipped, recyclables" sent to second and third world countries, would be simply emptied out into the ocean. But that's what you get when you pay someone to take something that you are pretending is valuable, but is actually just garbage.

The fourth great environmental disaster is still in progress. The new CO2 emission mandates have sprouted a new line of production in second and third world countries for products which are supposedly going to reduce CO2 emissions. But just as in the first great environmental disaster, little to no regard is being given to pollution and environmental destruction created by production of those products in second and third world countries so that the West can feel better about itself. And better we do feel about ourselves, unless you examine the reality of the situation instead of just the headline.


But slide makes a good case for what the fifth great environmental disaster will be. The rise of China as the dominant world power will see the eventual end of all environmentalism. One could even say that with the example of the financial slavery that many African countries are already being subjected to by China, it has already begun. There is no question as to China's ambitions as they have actively sought to outpace the US Navy in naval power, via the production of the last 10 years. And it is clear that China stands to benefit greatly by environmental restrictions imposed in the West. These restrictions will cripple the West economically, and allow China to set world policy in the future, while at the same time making China more money. China's track record is also that of going back on their word with regard to any moral promises that the country's leadership has made.

So the future to which slide is happily moving forward into as a pawn, will be the greatest environmental tragedy the humanity has ever visited upon the Earth. But fortunately, the totalitarian regime of China, or likely a descendant of Chinese authoritarianism, will make sure that the history books are rewritten. Anyone questioning their narrative, will be sent to a work camp to die or have their organs harvested - before working 18 hours a day while malnourished damages those precious organs.

For me, the saddest thing is that you cannot even blame those pawns like slide and SimonP, who don't have the capacity to understand the future we are heading into. And it is once again being created by the "Environ-Mentally-Insane" and "Environ-Mentally-Challenged", both wittingly and unwittingly, respectively.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
B-Roc (Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 pm
Gear: twin tips
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby prop_joe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Pemba wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am
prop_joe wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 pm
SimonP wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 pm

There are only two world leaders who deny anthropogenic climate change, Trump and Bolsanaro.
I know he often says 'fake news' and 'hoax' to journo's when climate change is brought up but has he ever said outright that agw doesn't exist/is false? ...or is he just a bit more like some of the skeptics in this thread that believe it's happening but just being over exaggerated? I'm inclined to believe the later is more likely and that he's just getting painted as a flat out denier by the media... only guessing.
No idea about Trump and Bolsonaro's personal opinions. But they are acting like AGW doesn't exist wouldn't you say ?
No idea tbh. All mainstream media paint him as the devil whatever he does so i don't really pay attention, i get the impression half the time he's just winding up the journo's so any of the 'hoax' type comments i take with a pinch of salt. I'd be interested to hear what he actually thinks on climate change, i'd be surprised if he outright denies agw. But in the crazy, finger pointing, twitter mob world we live in nowadays unless you drive a prius and go rioting with Greta your a climate change denier... let alone dare to question anything :lol:. Same with all the modern movements, you've either got to be fully in support or your a biggot... there all just branches from the same tree, societal cancer's imo.
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
Pemba (Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:44 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Trent hink
Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am
Local Beach: Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, soul, solo, hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made 10 years ago.
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Trent hink » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Well, last week Trump publicly commented that science does not really know what will happen, and he is pretty sure it will start cooling soon, and just you watch.

You can take that to mean whatever sounds good to you.

Of course, winter is coming to the northern hemisphere so his comments are of course correct, and it will be very easy to claim that his remarks were taken out of context.

palmbeacher
Frequent Poster
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Gear: Lift foils + Cabrinha kites
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby palmbeacher » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm

prop_joe wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:24 pm
Pemba wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 am
prop_joe wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 pm


I know he often says 'fake news' and 'hoax' to journo's when climate change is brought up but has he ever said outright that agw doesn't exist/is false? ...or is he just a bit more like some of the skeptics in this thread that believe it's happening but just being over exaggerated? I'm inclined to believe the later is more likely and that he's just getting painted as a flat out denier by the media... only guessing.
No idea about Trump and Bolsonaro's personal opinions. But they are acting like AGW doesn't exist wouldn't you say ?
No idea tbh. All mainstream media paint him as the devil whatever he does so i don't really pay attention, i get the impression half the time he's just winding up the journo's so any of the 'hoax' type comments i take with a pinch of salt. I'd be interested to hear what he actually thinks on climate change, i'd be surprised if he outright denies agw. But in the crazy, finger pointing, twitter mob world we live in nowadays unless you drive a prius and go rioting with Greta your a climate change denier... let alone dare to question anything :lol:. Same with all the modern movements, you've either got to be fully in support or your a biggot... there all just branches from the same tree, societal cancer's imo.
So much ignorance, projection and stupidity in one post: you show us time and time again there is not bottom. It’s quite sad your brain has been completely manipulated by Fox News and conspiracy groups.

It’s not about what Trump says or believes, it is about what he does. Withdrawing from the Paris Climate agreement kinda speaks for its self.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2059
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Matteo V » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:08 am

palmbeacher wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm
It’s not about what Trump says or believes, it is about what he does. Withdrawing from the Paris Climate agreement kinda speaks for its self.
So you think that the Paris climate agreement would have actually reduced carbon emissions in the future?

Many have rightly pointed out that while the West was required to institute severe economically crippling restrictions, the second and third world were not.

On the world stage, this meant that many second world powers would come to an advantage over the West in setting future economic and even climate policy. So the question in the end is, "do you really want Nations such as China to lead the planet in environmental policy?"

And if cognitive dissonance is strong enough in you to have answered yes, then you are in for a big surprise once those totalitarian regimes begin to call the shots for the environment. Just a hint, their track record ain't that great.

palmbeacher
Frequent Poster
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Gear: Lift foils + Cabrinha kites
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby palmbeacher » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:29 am

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:08 am
palmbeacher wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm
It’s not about what Trump says or believes, it is about what he does. Withdrawing from the Paris Climate agreement kinda speaks for its self.
So you think that the Paris climate agreement would have actually reduced carbon emissions in the future?

Many have rightly pointed out that while the West was required to institute severe economically crippling restrictions, the second and third world were not.

On the world stage, this meant that many second world powers would come to an advantage over the West in setting future economic and even climate policy. So the question in the end is, "do you really want Nations such as China to lead the planet in environmental policy?"

And if cognitive dissonance is strong enough in you to have answered yes, then you are in for a big surprise once those totalitarian regimes begin to call the shots for the environment. Just a hint, their track record ain't that great.
And leaving the Paris Climate agreement helps to reduce carbon emissions... how? Your argumentation is so overly simplistic and clearly also has been manipulated by Trump and Fox (China!). Not sure if you are aware, but Trump would love nothing more than to have authoritarian rule over the US...


Return to “Snow / Land”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests