Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Havre » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:15 pm

I agree with everything in your post.

My post is slightly tongue in cheek based on the fairly significant amount of posts in this thread arguing for man made climate change based on anecdotal evidence.

Not to be taken seriously by you and some others. Even if it is always welcome when someone that might be inclined to agree with someone else in cause, but not in the way the argument is made also speak out. Those kind of "corrections" always carry more weight coming from someone that is overall in agreement with you.

As for for actual discussion on this board I did hear a claim by Lomborg that the world did not meet its target for 2020 (or it might have been forecast for 2021) even with Covid. And that we in 2022 need two Covids to meet our targets.

Quite well known on here that I don't naturally trust global organisations (WHO etc.), but isn't it fascinating (and probably frustrating for many) how little happens if the science is so clear? Does it mean that one of these statements are true: a) climate crisis isn't that bad after all b) global organisations are not working.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm

Yes, it is frustrating, also to me how little happens if the science is so clear but that's a general thing - not limited to things under debate (or not under debate) such as AGW. Just look at what happens with plastic. Oceans are full but little happens. I don't know for sure how bad it is but we are told that it's bad so I believe that (same as holocaust, deforestation of the Amazon, etc etc.). Global organizations have little power and I'm not about to argue that they should be having more. But it must be incredibly frustrating for many of the people working for them. If you're serious about what you're doing off course.. The way I see it is that nobody or no country wants to be the first to do something, or the one sacrificing more/most. Comparable to a fruit tree growing in the middle of a village - the fruit never gets ripe (referred to as the "tragedy of the commons" or something like that I think I remember). We could ban plastic, work on zero CO2 emissions (etc) but that would mean the other guy gets the better cellphone. No 6G. Stuck on 4 or 5G. No Aluula kite. No treatment for cancer. Etc. Can't sell that to the voters...

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:32 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:24 pm

I imagine you will get a few more juicy quotes to meme out of Biden over the next four years. I somehow doubt they will rival those of his predecessor.
Bet you thought ^^ this quote was safe! We’re not even one year in yet! “Let’s go Brandon” :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
B-Roc (Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:25 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

prop_joe
Frequent Poster

Postby prop_joe » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:36 am

slide wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 am
you see i told you, joe biden is putting the right people in the right place to get to zero carbon zero by 2050 , along with china the uk and at last we are getting somewhere :thumb: :allbegood:.....so don't worry, be happy , cause everything is gonna be alright ,people need to listen
:lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
B-Roc (Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:26 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 am

some countries are trying to change the rules , before cop out 26

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Pemba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Yes, it is frustrating, also to me how little happens if the science is so clear but that's a general thing - not limited to things under debate (or not under debate) such as AGW. Just look at what happens with plastic. Oceans are full but little happens. I don't know for sure how bad it is but we are told that it's bad so I believe that (same as holocaust, deforestation of the Amazon, etc etc.). Global organizations have little power and I'm not about to argue that they should be having more. But it must be incredibly frustrating for many of the people working for them. If you're serious about what you're doing off course.. The way I see it is that nobody or no country wants to be the first to do something, or the one sacrificing more/most. Comparable to a fruit tree growing in the middle of a village - the fruit never gets ripe (referred to as the "tragedy of the commons" or something like that I think I remember). We could ban plastic, work on zero CO2 emissions (etc) but that would mean the other guy gets the better cellphone. No 6G. Stuck on 4 or 5G. No Aluula kite. No treatment for cancer. Etc. Can't sell that to the voters...
Share many of those reflections.

I'm not sure what the end game will be here, but I don't believe it will be pretty.

We are clearly not capable of having civilized discussions about any of it.

Anyway. Hopefully Netflix will take down Chappelle so that we at least got one less problem to deal with.

prop_joe
Frequent Poster

Postby prop_joe » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:34 pm

slide wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 am
cop out 26
Finally, unless I’ve miss understood you I think we finally agree on something! :lol: It’s just an elitist circle jerk at the tax payers expense!

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:26 am

cop 26 has been going for 1 week and lots of hand shakes and empty promises

Havre
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Havre » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 am

Bla bla bla :lol:

Hopefully Pfizer will set up their climate change department soon. The only ones we can trust these days - when 400 private planes can't fix the climate.

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:45 am

cop 26 has been going for 1 week and lots of hand shakes and empty promises -all i'm seeing, is lots of violent gusts and a change in our weather systems, because of the jet streams unstability , because of carbon release and our love of fossil fuels which has heated everything up-land ,oceans upper atmosphere-the extra heat has fucked up the weather and our kids future , and still silly idiots everywhere laugh it off, if you have kids , grandchildren, you should be ashamed of yourself

Return to “Snow / Land”