Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby marlboroughman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:37 pm

This is your problem Starsky, you read shit with 0 facts and you explode onto the scene like you got me.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumptheshark » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:35 pm

No no no my friend. Exploding on the scene would be more like spamming the joint with six posts before anyone else cares to comment.

Im just amused at the circle jerk going on in here and thought I'd give it a quick stir.

You either know that the article you posted is flimsy old shit, or you choose to put stock in it. Either way, your a troll just dying to flex your condescension.

You keep at it. Maybe you and Matteo et al. can meet up at a convention !

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:35 pm

You either know that the article you posted is flimsy old shit, or you choose to put stock in it.
At least I haven't made such an ass of myself that would require a name change. The science of sea level drop in equatorial regions since 1600's is solid. The acceleration of sea level rise since 1990 is also true but is short term and coincided with arctic low in 2012. Things are going the other way again. Your article is pure ad hominem attack, no facts attached garbage by a climate journo, whatever that is.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:09 am

For sure man your shit is tight! You got this climate stuff figured. Save me a spot in your igloo. Vodka shots, right?

You keep at it, were all impressed

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:25 am

jumptheshark wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:09 am
Vodka shots, right?
By the coal stove and wood fire place with a riffle handy to fend off wolfs and climate cultists from taking your meat. That's going to be you in Ontario. I'll be down south like a civilized human being. :bye:

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am

climate talks open as point of no return looms , politicians and diplomats meet in spain as scientists and charities say urgent steps needed COP25 talks
and a fact :thumb: for my climate change friends -we have 10 years to halve emissions

this is serious shit , and acting infantile and uneducated will get us nowhere, open those blinked eyes and look around -we have never before seen this amount of ice caps melting , check it out if you can't/don't want to see it take those blinkers off and you could and you will if you look,and while china and trump carry on fossil fuel burning , we will see the 7 metre rise in sea levels that is predicted -lets be realistic -why would 200 world leaders meet up today to discuss this problem we all will face if action is not taken fast , why would they , tell me why , have they nothing better to do , or could they know something that most of us in our perfect little world can't/don't want to see
as we are now we have seen never before huge amounts of large mass wild fires , is that not unusual , what about the huge floods we saw in the middle of the uk and more floods around the world -look at venice , was that normal -the people who live there don't think it is and as these natural disasters happen around the world , bigger than ever before , lasting longer than ever before , the people of this planet are getting worried, as they see their lands slipping away to the seas , where will all those people go , millions and millions of homeless people with nowhere to live , how can people grow as they did when all they get is sodden lands always too wet to grow their own food and why , is it fucked up weather systems because the seas are heating up , the atmosphere is heating up , the jet stream is acting crazy, wildlife disappearing , coral reefs mostly dead , plastic so abundant in our seas world wide , being eaten by sea life and killing them ,is this the best we can do , just look away, and think we are so important it really does not matter that we are screwing up our childrens future and their way of life , just so we can keep our fossil fuels , i'm sure they will thank us for it when they look at their existance and how they have to live , what it is and what it could have been if we weren't so selfish in our time of dying
Last edited by slide on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SaulOhio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mentor Headlands
Edgewater
Conneaut harbor
Fairport Harbor
Simms Park
Favorite Beaches: Kite Point in the Outer Banks
Gear: Slingshot Turbines, RPMs and SSTs.
Slingshot Misfit 132, Glide.
Home built hydrofoils.
Ozone R1's, 17M, 13M, 10M, 7M

Postby SaulOhio » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm

slide wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am
climate talks open as point of no return looms , politicians and diplomats meet in spain as scientists and charities say urgent steps needed COP25 talks
and a fact :thumb: for my climate change friends -we have 10 years to halve emissions
So how many times have we passed this "point of no return", or "the climate tipping point" or the end of the world as we know it?

My guess is about half a dozen times, and that's just with anthropogenic global warming.

The world was supposed to have ended because of famine caused by overpopulation, soot blocking out the sun causing a new ice age, the bees disappearing, nuclear war, alar causing cancer...

So when is it REALLY going to happen, this end of the world?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:01 pm

The bees are a bit of an issue but it can be solved. Nuclear is more a risk than ever before, just not the issue the media is hyping.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 pm

This is exactly what I was suspecting from the start. Neo Keynesian economists will never admit to failure. They will print money for climate and when the whole system implodes they will claim they had no choice. We are in the final round.

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/stu ... ate-change

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Return to “Snow / Land”