Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Havre » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Havre wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm
So clearly there are enough people who could represent the "other side" in debates etc., but I can't think of a single time I have seen anyone whenever those debates are being held.
Neither side has has anything beyond conjecture and belief to present in a debate on AGW.

This tends to make the believers of AGW look bad, when thier arguments cannot stand up to scrutiny. While this is equally damning on the side of the AGW deniers, those deniers ally with skeptics and take the position of reality that is - 'we just dont know'. Thus from an objective stand point, deniers and skeptics win the debate because thier position of unsurety is provable. And the surety of the predictions made by AGW belivers are obviously inaccurate, inconsistent, and often rigged.

So now you know why you don't see free debates welcomed by AGW belivers.
Could be yes. All very sad - that the curiosity to get to a better understanding isn't what is driving "us".

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Havre wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm
So clearly there are enough people who could represent the "other side" in debates etc., but I can't think of a single time I have seen anyone whenever those debates are being held.
Neither side has has anything beyond conjecture and belief to present in a debate on AGW.

This tends to make the believers of AGW look bad, when thier arguments cannot stand up to scrutiny. While this is equally damning on the side of the AGW deniers, those deniers ally with skeptics and take the position of reality that is - 'we just dont know'. Thus from an objective stand point, deniers and skeptics win the debate because thier position of unsurety is provable. And the surety of the predictions made by AGW belivers are obviously inaccurate, inconsistent, and often rigged.

So now you know why you don't see free debates welcomed by AGW belivers.

What stands out in this topic for me is the extent to which neither side addresses arguments or issues raised by the other side and also how emotional (angry) and rude and arrogant many people become. This is the largely the same for both sides - though I wouldn't call it a fair description of your (Matteo's) contributions - they have been interesting in some cases. And off course there are various others. The other is how little middle ground there seems to be. You'd expect there to be two sides of a range or spectrum. But describing it as two sides seems more accurate.

So then it just depends on how long you want to make the summary, but my way of summarizing is to describe one group as saying "yes it is true", and the other saying "no it isn't true" (repeat). The few of those in the middle who are largely ridiculed or ignored by both sides, as well as some other ideas (global warming is positive, I think we' might be heading for another ice age, Joe is going to save us all, etc), which include a number of very interesting contributions, are in my opinion relatively unimportant so left out of my summary. Let me repeat that: relatively. But feel free to feel different.

I think in general, the lack of addressing issues presented by "the other side", at least in my case, is just because of lack of knowledge and lack of time or interest to "dig deeper". But in that case, you'd still expect people to be surprised, curious, interested etc. That doesn't appear to be the case in general.
The comment above ("So now you know why...AGW believers") follows the general trend. Just more finger pointing. Somebody will probably now say, "no it the AGW deniers that don't welcome free debate"...

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:40 am

there is no debate anymore its fact ,weather patterns are not stable , and will only get worse

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am

slide wrote: there is no debate anymore its fact ,weather patterns are not stable , and will only get worse

this is exactly true.

weather patterns have never been "stable"..
..we have "seasons" which involve changes.
changes in the sunspots directly changes our climate.
..this planet does a rotation tilt on her axis roughly every 10,000 years.. which invoke changes in our weather patterns.
..we have recently entered in the 'age of auquarius'.. which will also make earth inhabitable for many of you.

the argument here.. and the illusion for which so many you choose to play the pied piper.. concerns "man made" climate change.
(which was proven false 200+ pages ago)

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:12 am

elguapo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:37 am
slide wrote: there is no debate anymore its fact ,weather patterns are not stable , and will only get worse

this is exactly true.

weather patterns have never been "stable"..
..we have "seasons" which involve changes.
changes in the sunspots directly changes our climate.
..this planet does a rotation tilt on her axis roughly every 10,000 years.. which invoke changes in our weather patterns.
..we have recently entered in the 'age of auquarius'.. which will also make earth inhabitable for many of you.

the argument here.. and the illusion for which so many you choose to play the pied piper.. concerns "man made" climate change.
(which was proven false 200+ pages ago)

The worst part of the above meme is that there are both AGW deniers and AGW belivers that think the joke is being made about their opposition.

How do you fight idiocy on that level?

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:11 pm

Pemba wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

What stands out in this topic for me is the extent to which neither side addresses arguments or issues raised by the other side and also how emotional (angry) and rude and arrogant many people become.
Unfortunately it is like this for all topics nowadays not just climate change... nuance and debate are no longer a part of western mainstream society. If you disagree or challenge a policy of any given topic you are immediately the arch enemy of said topic and a 'part of the problem' irregardless if your overall goals are the same. Disagree with BLM... you're a N*zi, question Climate Change... you want the world to burn, believe in biology... you hate trannies etc. By the time we realise this the Chinese will have taken over and we'll all be locked up in reeduction camps! :lol:

ps - wtf is N*zi censored? :lol:
These users thanked the author prop_joe for the post:
unclebill (Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:09 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:34 pm

Further to that i'd even go as far as to say that for many, the fight becomes of more importance to them than to actually tackle the issue at hand. For example, if somehow climate changed was fixed overnight, I think Greta would wake up tomorrow dissapointed... just my opinion.

For fun, see the insanity for yourselves... type into google 'can men get pregnant?'. We're so fucked! :o I really hope i'm in the same class as Slide for reeducation. :lol:

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:20 am

prop_joe wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:11 pm
Pemba wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:38 pm

What stands out in this topic for me is the extent to which neither side addresses arguments or issues raised by the other side and also how emotional (angry) and rude and arrogant many people become.
Unfortunately it is like this for all topics nowadays not just climate change... nuance and debate are no longer a part of western mainstream society. If you disagree or challenge a policy of any given topic you are immediately the arch enemy of said topic and a 'part of the problem' irregardless if your overall goals are the same. Disagree with BLM... you're a N*zi, question Climate Change... you want the world to burn, believe in biology... you hate trannies etc. By the time we realise this the Chinese will have taken over and we'll all be locked up in reeduction camps! :lol:

ps - wtf is N*zi censored? :lol:

Have to agree with most unfortunately. The one I was missing is something with religion maybe (If you are for guncontrol... your are marked with the sign of satan). But yes, so many things are polarized with little nuance or constructive debate.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Gotta love physics girl for breaking it down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 8j2VcbcjsX

Happy cunco de mayo!

Mateo

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon May 03, 2021 9:38 pm

That might explain why I just had to ride my bike in 4 degrees C in May just a couple of hours ago. Absurd.

Return to “Snow / Land”