Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 am
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby foilholio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:20 pm

slide wrote: what the bbc is doing is telling the truth -if you don't want the truth , and if you don't want to hear the truth why are you posting on here
slide wrote: we have 10 years to stop the temperature rising 1 1/2 degrees
So is that the truth? 10 years aye? What happens in 10 years?

End is nigh! Repent! Repent!

lol

prop_joe
Medium Poster
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 pm
Gear: twin tips
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby prop_joe » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:04 pm

foilholio wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 am
^^This is fascinating.

slide wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:29 am
what the bbc is doing is telling the truth -if you don't want the truth , and if you don't want to hear the truth why are you posting on here
I couldn't help reading this in Jack Nicholson's voice :lol:

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Havre wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:20 pm
That is like reading Trump's Twitter slide. Kind of ironic how you are not even trying to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion with anyone.

I happen to agree with David on overpopulation, but once again not someone that is especially knowledgeable about climate change - just because he has made tv programs about nature.
I really don't under stand your view of BBC, they are always showing scientists reports , and they are often reporting from the artic , lots of truths and lots of facts -when COP25 was going on for 2 weeks the BBC had reporters there reporting on it , so whats wrong with that -the truth and nothing but the truth -or do you know better and the best thing is I bet you don't even watch the BBC -there is a lot of bullshit right there on your view of things

please explain to me why you think the BBC is full of bollicks , and you have shown me that you haven't read many if any of my posts , because I only post facts -and on what page did you join this thread mr know it all -quite late on, why should I try to make you believe , because I refuse to get into an argument over climate change ,I not here to persuade you , I am very clued up on this subject and I know a lot of facts
why don't you tell me why climate change is not happening , lets hear it , so there's a few questions for you to give your opinion on ,well come on then i'm listening and waiting

and I can tell you have never watched david Attenborough's programme's about this subject "the blue planet", you show your ignorance on this subject when you talk of david Attenborough, -you obviously know nothing of his view on climate change , and certainly know nothing about david Attenborough's work
Last edited by slide on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:26 pm

here you go i'll start you off -climate change is not happening because (please fill in as required )

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Matteo V » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:31 pm

foilholio wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 am
Matteo V wrote: 1. Any country with a decreasing population, should be rewarded for that decrease.

2. Any attempt to increase the population of one of these countries should be stopped.

3. A solution should be applied to the current Financial system so that it can function in a decreasing population. As of now it cannot. But countries with decreasing populations should be the test bed for a system that allows prosperity when the population is declining. This third solution is the most difficult of all because those who are fighting against it are the richest and most powerful, and have all of the politicians and scientists in their back pocket. I suspect that if truly cleaning up the environment, and making problems solvable in the future "hits a brick wall", this will be the brick wall.



foilholio wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 am
I get your reasons for these Matteo but they are not too far from those seeking socialism or equality. What sort of entity would need to be created to implement these? you are looking at global governance. To me that is an almost nightmare scenario. You want to suppress populations? Forced sterilizations, abortions? Labor camps? gas cambers? Where does it start and end?
My above three points simply take advantage of things that are happening naturally, and explain why the left will not take advantage of that particular natural occurrence.

There is no need for authoritarianism to reduce the population, when the population of the West is in decline anyway. In fact it seems that after after a period of expansion from 3rd to 2nd world, and then to first world lifestyle, birth rates seem to fall with increasing lifestyle / tax burden upon first world societies.

The problem is that leftist policies which are steered by the goals of the financial system, negate this natural population decline for a very good reason. That reason is because the current financial system cannot sustain itself without population growth. Thus the financial issue must be solved before the immigration/ population decline issue can be dealt with. (And then any anthropogenic enviormental impacts can be addressed.)

Again, there is no reason for forced sterilizations/ gas Chambers / forced abortions, as native populations in the west tend to have a fertility rate below replacement once a high standard of living is achieved, though tax burden seems to play a part in that also.

Labor camps are not required either, as the goal is reduced economic output, while maintaining a high enough standard of living to discourage hi reproduction rates.



foilholio wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 am
It is a difficult problem. A solution will come eventually though, some mad men will make a virus to wipe out most people. I just hope we have at least got to space self sufficiently before that happens. Setting civilization back that far or what a world war would do may see us never again get to a level to achieve it.
No solution will just present itself. There are too many roadblocks for that to happen. And with the financial system being the most insurmountable, that roadblock must be removed before there is any hope for any environmental action in the future. Again, changing the financial system from being dependent upon population growth, too being dependent on population decline is the solution to that first hurdle.

Disease, War, and/or famine are not going to correct anything. Those things are actually the best way to create a mass extinction of most things that aren't human on this planet. And after those periods, there's likely going to be a reset with even more of the same problems that we have now.

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm

It would be a good idea if the trolls on here actually watched "the blue planet", to see what david Attenborough really thinks about climate change and then got back to us and give us more of your worldly opinions and stop talking bollicks on a subject you know nothing about , - the evidence is everywhere

so get clued up and watch the blue planet and get back to me with your opinions , cause I will love knocking you back with the truth and the truth's that in this series of programmes,that cannot be argued with- so are you gonna watch it then and get yourselves some knowledge-no you won't I know you won't want to know the truth, so its just easier to moan and slagg me off when all I do is report facts and truths , but I don't give a f***, and I will still tell you what I have learnt and what I am still learning so get used to it , I am going nowhere and will continue to rub it in your faces climate friends

Havre
Frequent Poster
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Havre » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm

slide wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 pm
Havre wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:20 pm
That is like reading Trump's Twitter slide. Kind of ironic how you are not even trying to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion with anyone.

I happen to agree with David on overpopulation, but once again not someone that is especially knowledgeable about climate change - just because he has made tv programs about nature.
I really don't under stand your view of BBC, they are always showing scientists reports , and they are often reporting from the artic , lots of truths and lots of facts -when COP25 was going on for 2 weeks the BBC had reporters there reporting on it , so whats wrong with that -the truth and nothing but the truth -or do you know better and the best thing is I bet you don't even watch the BBC -there is a lot of bullshit right there on your view of things

please explain to me why you think the BBC is full of bollicks , and you have shown me that you haven't read many if any of my posts , because I only post facts -and on what page did you join this thread mr know it all -quite late on, why should I try to make you believe , because I refuse to get into an argument over climate change ,I not here to persuade you , I am very clued up on this subject and I know a lot of facts
why don't you tell me why climate change is not happening , lets hear it , so there's a few questions for you to give your opinion on ,well come on then i'm listening and waiting

and I can tell you have never watched david Attenborough's programme's about this subject "the blue planet", you show your ignorance on this subject when you talk of david Attenborough, -you obviously know nothing of his view on climate change , and certainly know nothing about david Attenborough's work
My point is very simple. Thunberg is a young girl. Regardless of how special she might be she has hardly spent a lot of time trying to understand one of the most complex questions in science today.

So she is a marketing tool for one side of the argument. Fair enough. I don't blame her personally for that. Clearly she is convinced she is right and I can to some extent respect that (even if she is hardly respectful towards those that disagree with her).

I don't see how more of this propaganda is going to be helpful to the discussion. And that is what Greta is - propaganda.

As for the rest of your post. I'm not sure if you can see it yourself, but it is like reading a Fox News article.

And if I remember correctly I have been called Marxist and someone "on your side" by others on this forum. I have the privilege of having insults thrown at me from both you and Matteo V at the same time. If you want to be the reasonable one you might think about that for one second.

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 pm

greta has become a hero , among young adults , and she started the stand out side your school on a Friday and protest thing, and I can tell you for sure she is well educated on this subject and has appeared alongside david Attenborough on the bbc many times , that possibly what started the idea of greta having her own series on the bbc , and you still won't watch "the blue planet"...….why won't you learn , you talk like you are educated on this subject and in truth you know nothing , if greta is as you say a marketing tool ,why is she getting her own series on the BBC -tell me that rather than slagg her off , she is right on this subject and very clued up unlike you who is f**k annoying and ignorant on this subject -and another thing you have avoided my questions to you , why , I want to hear your view ,and keep it informative ,but you won't -you just want to moan and moan and moan with no facts , with no truths just moaning and slagging me off but you don't like it back do ya

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Matteo V » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Havre wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm
I have the privilege of having insults thrown at me from both you and Matteo V at the same time. If you want to be the reasonable one you might think about that for one second.
The greatest compliment you could pay me would be to point out a flaw in my logic.

The most worthless thing you could do would be to agree with me without a reason or convincing evidence.

slide
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: east anglia, uk
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:03 pm

its just blah blah blah with no facts , just blah blah blah , get yourself educated on this subject - if you have kids and grandchildren you owe it to them to know the truth , but that's the hard part , talking on a subject because you have said nothing of substance,and you have nothing to say of substance ,and you say I haven't -you are a joke just like the other trolls


Return to “Snow / Land”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest