climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
slide
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:19 pm

kiting will be affected by extreme weather, winds , and a general unstability in weather world wide
our sport and its need for reasonably smooth winds will suffer if the winds become much more gusty - if you have been kiting 16 years as I have you may have witnessed this already

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Given some climate models use 30 year averages I don't think 16 years qualifies as sufficient data.
slide wrote: never understood that comment god bless America ,what only America ?
Christians would wish blessing upon anyone. Do you see the word only in there? If you can't understand it don't attempt climate.
slide wrote:he talks about Mexicans as imagrunts
Mexico, is poorly run. There is no reason they could not have to same standard of life as America if they just adopted some sensible practices. Something could be said for the 2nd Amendment. Look at the 9 people recently going to a wedding, all women, children and babies that were targeted and murdered by a cartel. Mexico needs a going over with a fine tooth comb and just about shooting anyone with a tattoo.
slide wrote:who destroyed and killed and butched the people of the land
It's not pleasant, but it is completely normal. You will find that more primitive people were butchering each other, other species and particularly other hominids. Tribes and races have continually invaded and killed others since we evolved. Look at chimpanzees for example. Tribalism is deep in our genes. Quite destructive to modern, mixed and diverse societies.
slide wrote: if we carry on as we have been doing the world will see more peoples of the world fleeing their lands as they become inhabitable
This would happen in spite of CO2 production. An ice age would be far more consequential to outcomes of uninhabitablity. CO2 highly likely could actually improve habitability.
slide wrote:baked lands where plants and food won't grow anymore
The science and observations do not agree with this. Warming will allow plants to grow better and in more areas. Warming will increase rainfall so more plants will grow more in more areas. Increased CO2 increases plant growth. Satellite images of earth are showing a continual and quite substantial increase of plant coverage on the planet. Oceans are also showing signs of increased plant material.

Climate change has the potential to ruin crops. Many grains need rain and then no rain at certain periods. There is alternate crops and potential technology that can help, but there is the potential for large disruption to the food supply if things become unpredictable. Even more reason for us to understand climate and weather even better.
slide wrote: will these massive no's of people go -do you think they will wander off peacefully and die somewhere out of the way ,no they will fight with every breath in their body to feed their families as the flee to lands that are liveable
War is largely inevitable despite any climate change, climate change will just add to it. Currently the rivalry between China and America is the biggest problem the world faces for war. Poor and small nations do not stand a hope against larger powerful nations doing as they please. Look at Russia and Ukraine for example or the myriad of unconstitutional shadow wars America is in. There is a new shadow war in Africa currently ramping up aimed purely against China. Strange how the Elites couldn't work out that foreign policies of destructively interfering with other nations to the point of flattening them with airstrikes was maybe not the best foreign policy you could invent? Makes you wonder how exactly they became elites in the first place because smarts are not seeming a requirement.

slide
Medium Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5

Postby slide » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:45 pm

as I said before if you are on my ignore list it and you are, it is because you are rude and i'm not here to argue and take abuse ,so waste your time if you like - its your time

slide
Medium Poster

Postby slide » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:33 pm

we haven't seen a below average worldwide temperature year for 34 years

Pemba
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Ozone C4, Brokite Hybrid

Postby Pemba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm

slide wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:45 pm
as I said before if you are on my ignore list it and you are, it is because you are rude and i'm not here to argue and take abuse ,so waste your time if you like - its your time
Nah, I disagree. He/she just doesn't agree with you and probably me and he's arguing why. No reason to take offence, unless you're in Mexico and you have a tattoo but I'm assuming that comment wasn't meant literal. But if you're not here to argue... go to a kiting forum maybe :lol:

prop_joe
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:11 pm

slide wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:45 pm
Blocking someone your engaging in a thread with is pathetic... especially when you keep posting to tell us what you haven't seen lol. As has been said, he's not rude just calling you on your endless bullsh*t, if you had anything about you you'd debate him rather than just sticking your head in the sand. Actually excluding Kitey kite kite and MattencylopaediaV your probably contributing more to the sceptics cause with your endless generic Miss America save the whales all we need is love speech :lol: It's tiresome and brings nothing to the debate. If anyone's being rude i'd say it were you with your with your dismissive attitude and many irrelevant posts.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 pm

He is in his "safe space". Please be kind she could be having a gender dilemma or be cautious, a sexual emergency. There are not many Swedish girls around to help with that.

To be serious though. Individuals being able to self engage or disengage from information is how censorship should be done. If people cannot avoid information on their own then it is great things like technology can help. Ignore lists are good, for threads would be a good idea too. Everyone can be triggered, unfortunately the newer generations get triggered by a huge list of things...ruins comedy.

Slide may think I address him purely for him, but this is not true and just another example of the mindset of this type of person. I do so for all, to provide a counterpoint or even just additional info. Everyone should make their own mind on these things.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:34 am

prop_joe wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:11 pm
Blocking someone your engaging in a thread with is pathetic...
I have to agree with foilhead on this one. Self censorship is the only censorship that should be accepted. And if you cannot understand the implications of you putting someone on your "ignore list" instead of just ignoring them by skipping over their posts, then you likely need to use the ignore feature more often - and it's good for you.

prop_joe wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:11 pm
....MattencylopaediaV.....
Oh....man I had something for this....... Matteopedia Vitanica!
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
prop_joe (Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:01 am)
Rating: 10%

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:43 am

slide wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm
around 11000 scientists have all agreed the world is facing a global crisis with climate change
If climate is about numbers on a petition, here are 31,000 climate skeptic scientist signatories.

http://petitionproject.org/

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:06 pm

31,000 sane,sensible and smart people.