Forum for snow- and landkiters
slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby slide » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm

and i'd like to add as a uk resident (east Anglia), the fields here are saturated, and that's why in Derbyshire and north Yorkshire the flooding was so fast because the fields there were also saturated , why ?, because we have had a summer leading into this period with complete extremes , 35 degrees , lots of storms and lots of heavy rainfall , and lots more wind , a little bit stronger than normal , but quite a bit gustier than normal - its all very evident , to those who look that we really didn't fully know (YET), what the warmer temperatures everywhere in the sea, in the air is going to take us in 50 years , but it is starting to become pretty obvious to those who don't have their own head up their own arse's , that... hang on here, -they said this would begin to happen in the 70's, and guess what its happening very aggressively and very fast a lot more violent that it was thought it would or could

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm

as I keep saying I put up facts , if you have a problem with the facts I put up , then that's your problem , not mine and I put people on my ignore list as soon as I get abuse , sorry but I don't come on here to argue, and my time is too precious(recovering kidney cancer grade 3 secondry to my brain in 2012) to reply to people who just want to pick holes in my posts, and its allways gets abusive ,and propjoe -i'm not prepared to take abuse ,its obvious you haven't read the whole thread if you go to earlier sections of this thread just ganging up and taking the piss and anyway I don't need to hear the doubters ,if you can't see climate change that's your view so I very rarely reply to posts I just say what I see , and don't care what your views are cause I know the truth we've trashed the planet and we continue to trash it , its wildlife , we heavily pollute our cities , and while its a shock to most people we need to remove fossel fuels and swop for clean energy and quick -it we don't swop for clean energy then all our cities will be heavily polluted like delhi, and india and china, and all our kids will grow up with lung problems -pollution particles are very small and get into our bloodstreams and breakup the links across the brain and brings dementia, and many other problems - in kids where their brains are still developing and their lungs too, pollution is seriously bad for them and will plague them for life

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 pm

and getting back to the saturated fields in yorkshire and Derbyshire ,its the case for east Anglia too . these are areas where heavy agriculture veg and fruit are produced the farmers are saying fields are too wet and have been for several weeks for plant what they normally plant at this time and they have only managed to plant 10% of what they normally do where it survives, and that's the big problem world wide, droughts, a months rainfall in 24 hours wildfires -how can we feed the world or ourselves if we have large areas where nothing grows anymore and then we have low lands that will give way to the seas , where will them peoples go, who will want them

flooding is not a new thing I realise that , but it is just happening a lot lot more , warmer temperatures just create more moisture , artic areas melting , destroys the coral reef , strengthens storms and gives hurricanes more power, and really changes the jet streams direction , all of this makes our weather much more changeable and unstable which brings me to my first point- no stability in the weather for our farmers

SaulOhio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mentor Headlands
Edgewater
Conneaut harbor
Fairport Harbor
Simms Park
Favorite Beaches: Kite Point in the Outer Banks
Gear: Slingshot Turbines, RPMs and SSTs.
Slingshot Misfit 132, Glide.
Home built hydrofoils.
Ozone R1's, 17M, 13M, 10M, 7M

Postby SaulOhio » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:07 am

Run-on sentences, no use of capital letters, poor use of punctuation, are all signs of poor reasoning skills. At the very least they make it hard to follow an argument. Slide, please learn to write a bit better if you want to persuade anyone. And also, please try to use data, instead of anecdotal evidence.
These users thanked the author SaulOhio for the post:
foilholio (Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 am

slide wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm
and propjoe -i'm not prepared to take abuse ,its obvious you haven't read the whole thread if you go to earlier sections of this thread just ganging up and taking the piss and anyway I don't need to hear the doubters
:lol: At the very worst i would say you have been subjected to some light hearted ridicule, which has nothing to do with your person and everything to do with your position, which is simply... ridiculous. Too refer to being called pathetic as abuse ironically kind of reaffirms the initial criticism lol. It boggles my mind how someone of your age has managed to get through life with this mindset... i wouldn't of made it passed pre school. I don't know if it's intelligence or ignorance but for example, it has been pointed out to you a number of times that climate change and pollution are completely different things and yet you continue on unabated... kind of like a 'troll'. I generally believe kiters are on av. of reasonable intelligence compared to the gen pop and so i think most following this thread can see straight through your (i wanna say bs but I don't like being accused of 'abusing') rhetoric/nonsense? I have no problem with any opinions being posted, i'm just not a fan of the scream hater/abuse/shutdown everything type attitude which perhaps iv'e not described in the most meaningful way but i think most peeps know what i'm getting at... it's childish. As mentioned i don't think your posts are doing the pro cc argument any favours anyway, SimonP was doing a much better job some pages back :D . The level of (insert appropriate word here) has increased as the thread has aged that many (myself included many many pages back) cannot contribute/counter and yet you continue to drop your little rainbow nuggets of wisdom in between for me just shows such a lack of self awareness to a point where the amusement out ways the irritation so no need to test out the 'ignore' function just yet :D .

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 am

Slide, I think global warming/climate change is a question of statistics. I guess there can be argument about time scale but I think it is mostly accepted here that temperatures are going up and the climate is changing. The question is if it is man made and if we should spend time/resources on trying to fight it. These could also be spent on fighting plastic pollution to name just one example.

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

i'll say it again I am prepared to have a sensible conversation but I always desends into people picking holes in my posts -I really don't want to persude people and I certainly am not prepared to argue with anyone -if people can't see the problems we are facing then that is their choice , its as simple as that ,so I just post facts now

and above is a perfect example of some one becoming abusive slagging off my punctuation - its a fucking forum and I have a grade3 brain tumour - I was told in 2012 January I had months not years and I 've got this far - I have had the normal radiopherapy for 2 weeks to the whole brain , and then I had cyber knife , and then I had gamma knife , and to compliment it all I have been on a herb and a mushroom all that time , so plz excuse me if my punctuation is not to your liking - so saulohio get a fucking life and stop being a cunt think about others for a change -the world doesn't revolve around you- don't you just love know it alls
Last edited by slide on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:01 pm

"learn to write better if you want to persuade anyone"......I don't want to persuade anyone or argue with anyone, you believe what you wanna believe

my time is precious , and I am not prepared to waste it arguing or in conflict with anyone

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Slide complaining about abuse and then dishing it out yourself is not exactly smart. Given you admittedly are suffering from brain damage, maybe this is not the subject you should be getting so involved in?

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:34 pm

7 severve (danger to life) weather warnings on the river don , Yorkshire uk

Return to “Snow / Land”