Gear: Naish
Spleene
North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flysurfer Bar attachment point safety

Postby Sefiz » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm

I want to install a 5th reef line on a non-Flysurfer bar to ride a peak.
I tried to find, at which height the Flysurfer bar has attached the safety line to the holding line, but I can not find it in the net.

Anyone knows the height of the attachment point? Measured from top / end of lines would also help.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Flysurfer Bar attachment point safety

Postby tomtom » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Forget about 5 line - it is not worth. It just doesnt work as tangle free as supposed. Front line safety is better.

Sefiz
Rare Poster
Spleene
North

Postby Sefiz » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:01 pm

it should be for self landing, resting and also having a non-loop-twisting release experience.
The reef line safety does not sound to bad. At least I want to give it a try.

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.

Postby Skywalker7 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Sefiz wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm
I want to install a 5th reef line on a non-Flysurfer bar to ride a peak.
I tried to find, at which height the Flysurfer bar has attached the safety line to the holding line, but I can not find it in the net.

Anyone knows the height of the attachment point? Measured from top / end of lines would also help.
If you specify your question I can try to measure it on my Connect bar. However the Connect bar which is the bar of the Peak 4 is high y bar which is quite rare, what means roughly the Y point is ca. 10 m above the trimm so it is not a simple low v 4 line bar. The Connect bar is nice light bar so I would recommend that one. If you want some budget solution I would rather look for some old(2010-2017) 5 line North bar however the really old ones quite heavy which might change the feel of this ligth bar pressure kite. The 2016 North Clickbar has an option to make it a very high y bar so as far as I know that could be the closest duplicate to the Connect bar but this is also a heavier bar and the lines migth shrink.

Sefiz
Rare Poster
Spleene
North

Postby Sefiz » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:02 pm

f you specify your question I can try to measure it on my Connect bar.
I would like to know, at which point a flysurfer bar, like the Connect Bar, has the safety line attached to the holding line.
I have a 4-Line Bar and I want to convert the safety line to the Reef line.
(Flysurfer says, the Peak is compatible with all their Bars, so a low Y / V would work)

There is a kit with the peak, which allows to do that with the Connect Bar, but I need to make my Bars safety line the same length as the safety line length (up to the attachment point) of a Connect Bar. Measurement from the downside of the Bar stick up to the attachment point is, what I am looking for. With that length, I can easily adapt my own Bar.

One note: I talk about a Peak 3, not 4. So Reef line, not B-Safe System.

ieism
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Ijmuiden
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, Rockanje
Style: Foil.
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 5: 4/5/6/8/11m
Kauper XT Falcon 11m
Dwarfcraft 110cm
Gong Curve, Pro stab fuse 85 carbon mast

Postby ieism » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm kicking this up because I have an extra Ozone Contact v4 bar that I hope I could use with my 11m PEAK 4. Its a 4 line bar. I do have a connect bar for reference. Do I need to modify the bar, or do I just connect it and see what happens in light wind.?

I'm ok with having to backstall or flag it landing, I only fly the 11m in pretty light wind anyway. So if the B-safe system will never work with this bar it's not a huge problem for me. What happens if I release the safety on this bar with a Peak 4 though? I image it will twist on one line and make a big tangled mess correct?

Return to “Snow / Land”