Gear: flysurfer psycho3 10
flysurfer cool 6
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

inflatable kite

Postby narlin » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:43 pm

hej,

I have been kiting (land, snow) for many years with foil kites (flysurfer psycho3 10 mainly) but now Im looking out for a new kite. I'm eager to buy an inflatable kite as a complement to my foil kites. im looking for a stable kite (good gust handling) with lots of depower and good lift. I have been looking at flysurfer Boost 3/stoke 2 and ozone edge v10 but it is hard to make a comparison since my only refernce point is foil kites (FS psycho3 10m). Any suggestions/insights?

Thanks!

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor

Re: inflatable kite

Postby Nem0 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:54 pm

How much is your weight and in which wind you like to ride this tubes?
Only on land and snow or also on water?
I love my Flysurfer Boost ‘s!

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Sorry I don’t have info on the kites you mention but when I choose a kites for land it’s looping characteristics is important to me. Might be worth a mention if you particularly want pivoty or open and powerful loops.

Also you have kites lightly built with less struts that hang in the air well compared to heavily built 5 or 6 strut machines that are very stable, as well as the obvious choice of high or low aspect ratio.

narlin
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: flysurfer psycho3 10
flysurfer cool 6
Been thanked: 0

Postby narlin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:08 am

hej,

Thanks!
I usually kite in 10-20 knots. I intend to use it both on snow and water, freeriding. I'm approx 75 kg.
Are all inflatable kites suitable for colder temperatures (< -10C)? The materials should not become too brittle (like PU coated depower lines).

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm

narlin wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:08 am
Are all inflatable kites suitable for colder temperatures (< -10C)? The materials should not become too brittle (like PU coated depower lines).
In my area lots of people ride inflatable kites in winter (snow, ice) -- whatever kites people use in summer on water, the same kites they use in winter. I have not heard of any problems with kites under -10C. I rather have had problems with the chickenloop stick that becomes brittle and sometimes breaks.

Return to “Snow / Land”