Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Snowkite harness options?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Snowkite harness options?

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:33 pm

IMG_20210116_145210919_HDR.jpg
Here is a picture sorry it took so long. You can see some of my reinforce stitching. It may look a bit stupid but it's super comfortable and gives me something between me and the snow. And since they are designed for the water they can be used in any environment. And if you don't trust the plastic, a little sewing and you can replace the plastic with metal.
These users thanked the author Anthonyshopguy for the post:
JTKiter (Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 am)
Rating: 3.03%

JTKiter
Medium Poster
Gear: gear

Postby JTKiter » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:03 am

Thanks! Not stupid at all. It's great that you're innovating and creating your own stuff. What I don't like about that setup is the pivoting hook on the bar. I still have one of those too! There are several welds there that would make me nervous. No gliding with that unless I had a separate climbing harness or other backup device to hook into. But it would be easy to customize a spreader bar for that harness.

Thanks again.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:17 pm

:o Interesting you mentioned the pivoting hook. I kite with very few people and typically in the snow so you are all covered up. I didn't realize until I replied to you that it, the hook, is not common. Gear inspection is more important to me as I get better. Never really thought much about gear failure when I started. :o

Return to “Snow / Land”