Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Chrono V3 exp

Forum for snow- and landkiters
geir
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Ozone Chrono V3 exp

Postby geir » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi there. Is there anyone using Chrono Exp part open/part closed cell in here?
A friend of mine just upgraded part of his gear to a 9m and 13m. He’s a hardcore cross country guy doing trips many hundres of km (Iceland and Greenland). He’s trying to go through the right channels about getting answers to his problems but meanwhile digging around. The problem is the wingends loosing internal pressure in gusty/unstable winds up to the point of becoming unstearable having to yank the kite around for some time to solve it. This is happening on his 9m.
My FLysurfer Sonic 2 sometimes has this but usually only while it fills itself on launch, bar all the way in speeds this up for me. His does the same on launch which might be normal but the riding part sounds not normal.
I realize these are high aspect performance racelike kites but flapping wingends during expeditions in sketchy terrain can’t be much fun.

Thanks, Geir

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Chrono V3 exp

Postby Herman » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:51 am

Usually it is bridle shrinkage. If mixer adjustment does not fix it the usual thing is to add a little Z etc. But I think Ozone have line plans and so you could measure the shrinkage. Imho two things hold out the tips, cell pressure and lift. If you are loosing cell pressure you may feel it as an easier packdown. If not, it is the airflow stalling or the LE luffing at the tips because the bridle is off, or a combination of the two. Is the flapping a stall or a luff?

PS No experience with that model of kite. See also the thread on tip curling.
These users thanked the author Herman for the post (total 2):
geir (Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:40 am) • solsb (Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:17 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Return to “Snow / Land”