Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Frenzy

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:15 am

Take a look at http://www.flyozone.com or http://www.extremeair.no (NORWAY)

This kite is awsome, 9.5m will be availible from 1 of december and 5m and 7.3m will be ready to deliver 7 of december.

great depower open foil kite!!

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:15 pm

Has anyone tried any of these Kites?
They look good but I'd like to know a little more first.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:36 pm

KidKiteRock
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KidKiteRock » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:33 pm

This is a kite I am excited about, I have flown the Ozone Little Devils and they are a very nice kite. The added ability of depower will be very nice and will make this an excellent snowkite I am sure.
They are quite a bit more expensive than the Little devil as there is a lot more going on with the kite. THe Frenzy will also include a bar where the Little Devil Does not.

Philip

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:09 pm

Hi!

I finally got my red 9.5m2 Ozone Frenzy. And I have to admit that I have not been a big fan of foils but this kite is great. It has great control bar with good kitesurfing type security and de-power. Flying is easy like inflatables. All materials are very high quality e.g. 360 kg colored lines.

Kite is stable and easy to turn. So it is good for a beginner but fast and powerful enough for big jumps (like 50 meter high and 400 meter long 40 second flies like Ozone team riders do).

Kite is easy to launch/re-launch normally or backwards. Wind range is very wide e.g. I was riding in 25 knots without any problems with my snowboard on frozen sea in Finnish Gulf with under 5 cm of snow.

The kite is little bit expensive. And I have problems to reach the depower because the chickenloop line is so long. But otherwise riding with Frenzy is pure pleasure. No pumping and it fits into a tiny helipack.

Try to find a place where you can try it then you can judge it by yourself. It is really a next generation universal foil.

VESKU

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:29 am

I saw 1 in action last sunday and wasn't very impressed, because of the small open cells in the LE the kite wouldn't inflate fast in low winds and in turns the air was pushed out at the tips. Looked stable in the air though.

Also the depowerblock on the bar is not good, you can only depower straight down, if you hold the bar under an angle the depower stucks and you cannot move it anymore until you hold the bar 90degrees to the depowerline again.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:27 pm

You've probably seen it in too little wind. I flew my new 7.3 Frenzy in 10-20 knots w/snowboard and was amazed at the ease of handling. Excellent depower-function that is at least as effective as any inflatable kite. It is easy to back up and recover from any type of crash. If you want to chill, just let go of the bar and the kite will park with very little pull (You will need to correct the location of it every 4-5 sec or so). Agree that the chicken loop is a bit long, but you can easily cleat it in by using the clamcleat. Overall an excellent kite that is worth the extra cost.

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:45 pm

In too little wind pretty much all foils are nightmares to fly if you compare to LEIs. Of course on snow/ice you might want to go out in a very light winds too...

I made two extra knots to thick lines connected to ends of a control bar. Now I can fine tune a kite quickly depending on the weather (like my Naish X2s). The "long chicken loop" is not a problem anymore.

VESKU

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:13 pm

"In too little wind pretty much all foils are nightmares to fly"
but LEI´s dont fly at all so what´s the point?

vesku
Medium Poster

Postby vesku » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:30 am

On 2003-01-02 12:13, Anonymous wrote:
"In too little wind pretty much all foils are nightmares to fly"
but LEI´s dont fly at all so what´s the point?
I don't kitesurf/kitesnowboard that day. Too little is too little. That was my point. Of course it is no-brainer that LEIs does not ever collapse sideways because the leading edge is "hard". And other thing is that NRFs are generally lighter than LEIs so you do not need that much wind to fly them. But now we are talking about VERY light winds. No jumping, no upski, not "that much fun".

BTW In the latest Kiteworld (1/03) magazine Chris Calthrop (Flexifoil pro team rider) said that in light winds LEIs turn faster than NRFs. I'm not a pro with NRFs so I cannot comment this. And of course if there is not wind or too little wind, it does not matter. Anybody?

I fly both NRFs and LEIs, so my intention is not to start any flame wars. Peace.

Take care,

VESKU

Return to “Snow / Land”