Forum for snow- and landkiters
Eric S
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Eric S » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:33 pm

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S
Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Badwind
Rare Poster

Postby Badwind » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:31 am

They must have used and orangatang for a test pilot
Well...They did! His name is Robbie Whittall :wink:

Dan

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:16 am

I also cut off the little tube on the trim loop. I hate those things! Flysurfer Psycho has a detachable one with velcro - Good Idea.
if anyone else is struggling with difficulty keeping the trim loop hooked on their "ultra long" frenzy sheeting line, i found a solution which may be of help.

i'm frequently launching in light / or gusty / variable winds, where i am not necessarily powered up 100% of the time enough to keep the chicken loop fully locked in my spreader bar hook. it's a bitch to catch a gust and find out you are launched fully sheeted out and unhooked.

the guys from velcro make a product called "Get A Grip". it's basically a 15" x 1/2" strap of double sided velcro with a built in larks head loop. made for wrapping around cords and hoses originally. i just loop it on my chicken loop, then once i hook in prior to launch, wrap it around the spreader hook and back on to itself. haven't dropped the loop once since, and a breeze to release quickly if needed. also handy for keeping the lines wrapped tight on the bar when packing up.

available at home depot and other fine hardware outlets. $3.00 worth of frustration elimination.

Eric S
Medium Poster

Postby Eric S » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:15 am

Post Deleted. Material was intended for non-commercial use. -Eric S
Last edited by Eric S on Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:02 am

the frenzies are decent little kites, but thats about it, all you guys need to get out and ride more, the stitching and reinforcement is pretty basic and their turning speed is no better than decent, the quality of accesories is embarassing.

but they are stable and fly nicely if a little underpowered for the size compared to the best flat foils.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:08 am

sq225917 wrote:the frenzies are decent little kites, but thats about it, all you guys need to get out and ride more, the stitching and reinforcement is pretty basic and their turning speed is no better than decent, the quality of accesories is embarassing.

but they are stable and fly nicely if a little underpowered for the size compared to the best flat foils.
I'm just curious what your background is, what were you doing before you discovered kites?
One of the reasons I'm curious, is the techo type criticisms you make of kites not made by Slingshot, and wondered why you are embarassed by Ozones kite accessories.

Apart from the usual bursts, from high speed LE down impacts on land, we have never had a problem with the more than 150 Ozone foils we sold in the last 12 months, so your comments about the stitching and reinforcements is hard to understand too?

What qualifies a person to be called a "tech rep"?

Return to “Snow / Land”