Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Small opinion about some F.One 2005 stuff!!!

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Small opinion about some F.One 2005 stuff!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:13 pm

Hi guys,

After a lot of questions from some forum-users about F.One 2005 here is a small opninion from my side. I haven´t ridden it for a long time so it stays with a small opinion.

I´ve ridden the new M5 16m², the new Dream 12m², the new Style 129 x 37 and the new SK8 119 x 37.

M5:
It was really a pleasure to ride the M5 16m². It keeps the same power while riding (steering and tricks) and if you put the kite where you want it, it stays at that point. You can ride the kite how you want it; do you want to ride it easy you put your hands on the middle of the bar, do you want to ride it radical you put your hands on the end of the bar. The kite is very easy and smooth. While unhooked riding or powering the tips don´t open like the M3. Powering and depowering reacts directly. The 16m² is a fast kite for this this size wich is cool for kiteloops. The M5 accelerate quickly so you have more speed.

Dream:
After some knots more I was out with the Dream 12m². The wind wasn´t that strong, so I can´t tell you a lot about the Dream. What I can tell if that it´s a great machine for kiteloops; it turns really fast and the power is a pleasure. It´s an easy kite and well working for a lot of riders. Because the Dream have ´normal´ tips you need to pull the strap on for unhooking. The Dream accelerate less quickly then the M5.

Activ.5 (5th line):
With the M5 I didn´t tested the 5th line, but I did with the Dream. I was riding and pulled on the 5th line. The kite lost the power and my speed was gone; great working for gusts, walking on the beach or lying in the water! I saw a guy relaunching the kite with his board on and that looks great. The 5th line is well-made in combination with the bar. It´s attached above your chickenloop, so you´re completely free and don´t have to attach it to your harness or something.

Style:
The Style is now lighter and thinner. The weight is very cool and also the flex is better. It rides on a line: you choose your direction and the Style brings you over that line to your destination. It plans very fast because of the tips and the straight outline.

SK8:
Also the weight of the SK8 is less and the parabolic outline works great. It´s more radical then the Style, but very stable for a short board. The SK8 is more for stronger conditions, but for me it works well in less wind.

I think I´ve forgot a lot of things, but maybe there are some guys that can post their opinions.

I saw this from waveskater on http://www.kite-surf.com (Forum):
´´Hi man , I was already trying the kites , MAch 5 14 and 12. I liked them a lot , they turn really so good this year and the active 5 is even betther than Norths 5 Element . A friend of mine tried the 16 and 20 and was really so happy about them. The graphics are also very nice this year and the construction and reinforcements improved a lot to. Maybe you saw some pics of them, fact is that they have a rounded Fronttube at the tips now , what improves the aerodvnamic a lot and together with the frontlineconnection they put more to the center of the kite, the kite moves more stable and like a intermediate. When I get this kites and ride it a few days more Ill write a full review.´´

For more information you can search on the internet, but ofcourse the website http://www.f-onekites.com is the best. There´s an other website (the Dutch F.One website) http://www.fone.nl/fone2005.php with a lot of 2005 technical information.

On the f-onekites.com websites you can also see that the rumors about Franz Olry are true. He has signed with F.One and is going to participate with the development of the kites and boards (there´s also coming a Orly range).

I hope yo liked my review,
J.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:29 pm

has the kite more low end kite or high end?
how was it for transitions...?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:59 pm

The low-end is very good, like last year with the M3. The depower changed a lot. You have to depower when you need it, so it has a lot depower! Also with the 5th line it´s amazing. Like I said; just pull on the 5th line and the power is less...

Best regards,
J.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:31 pm

...so can we say that the jump characteristic...is very close to the M3? :o

thanks!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:40 pm

Hmmm that´s something I can´t talk about. I have to ride it again and again to see how the jump characteristics are, but my guess: pretty good!

:bye:

volcornactiongirl
Rare Poster

Postby volcornactiongirl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:11 am

??

volcornactiongirl
Rare Poster

Postby volcornactiongirl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:12 am

;)

volcornactiongirl
Rare Poster

Postby volcornactiongirl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:13 am

:bye:

volcornactiongirl
Rare Poster

Postby volcornactiongirl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:16 am

volcornactiongirl wrote::bye:

damo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby damo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:05 pm

LETS HOPE IT DOES NOT TAKE AS LONG TO PUMP UP AS THE M3 16Mgood summer kite! but 9 struts to pump no thanks!!

Return to “Reviews”