Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

SoF-X Kite 06 Tornado pix and review

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Roman181
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Roman181 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:40 pm

Wow it's a huge wind range. and it's only c kite.

Dose any other brand has a 12 m C kite with the same wind range?

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Moks', Kailua, Town
Favorite Beaches: Town
Style: old school
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 12. Nano 6
Underground 128 /39 (custom) 07(08)
Mystic harness, Blue Planet shorts, Off Da Lip rash guard
Victoria Secret under wear
Brand Affiliation: being a good friend

Postby BullsShit.com » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:17 am

well:
I went out in super light wind.
Obviously one should use a bigger kite but with a big board (longboard)
you would have some fun with the 12

I like it windy though :-)

Mitchel_12000
Medium Poster

Postby Mitchel_12000 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:16 pm

can't wait to get mine!!

kitesurfwarehouse
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Blade , Griffin, 997 , Bang, Mystic , Skywalker

Postby kitesurfwarehouse » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Got mine in 8 , 12 , 16 . Such sweet kites.
Looking forward to getting the UFO's in. We are back ordered already for them, but if teh Tornado is anything to go by, they will be superb kites.

BTW, have any of you lot tried teh boards. Absolute cracking boards. Super light, superiour construction, smooth ride. We let one of ours out for a demo day in the UK , and got 3 orders on the day.

http://www.kitesurfwarehouse.com

kitesurfwarehouse
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Blade , Griffin, 997 , Bang, Mystic , Skywalker

Postby kitesurfwarehouse » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:43 am

After a weekend of very cold wind and snow yesterday, we did much testing. I got Out on the Tornado 8m, but got more time on the 12m.

The first thing i noticed was the ease of set up. There's a lot to be said for the one pump inflation system. The pump , clips onto the kite at the 5th line attachment point, via a handy hook clip and a few pumps later, you done.

The bar and line system, is uses a 5th line system, with Pull/Pull for depower and power. Once the kite is in the air , the depower/repower action was smooth when there was wind, but sometime, just a little tricky when the wind had died down. But i find that with a lot of kites anyway. The safety system uses a pin release, which when of course tried out, with 100 % solid results.

Despite gusty conditions, the tornado seemed to have no problems with the ever changing winds providing predictable power on demand. I was able to launch nice big floaty jumps, with ease, and got a lump on my throat when i really sent it. When manouvering a few spins (about my limit i'm afraid) i found the kite stayed right where i left it after rotations, which is nice to see, despite the fast turing speed.

Pack down was a dream ,thanks to the huge dump valve, and one pump system. Just let out on valve and roll the kite up. Very neat, and very quick.

So desite selling these products for the Uk and Ireland Market, i can definately say they absolutley are top notch. The look good, perform great, are built solid and have a few nice features, making the experience even better. The fact that they can be purchased for the price of a used 2005 kite is just the icing on the cake.

http://www.kitesurfwarehouse.com

Hallas
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hallas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:47 pm

i have tried the kites a few times now - both the Eagle and the Tornado and i cant say that im stoked.. really nice one pump system and the bar is very simple and functional.. but when you get the kite in the air it is not impressive.. if you go unhooked or kiteloop the kite seems to stall and falls down in the window.. there is not much power, when the wind dropped i couldn't surf, but a guy with the new Vegas could surf and kiteloop with a 10m2 - i was out on 14 m2 sof-x..
i would buy a used 2005 kite, instead of buying sof-x..

Mitchel_12000
Medium Poster

Postby Mitchel_12000 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Maybe you haven't fine tuned the kite properly. I had the same problem with my 2005 eagle, but after trying out a couple of different line setups, I had a very nice flying kite. Fast, stable and a lot of hangtime.

Return to “Reviews”