Favorite Beaches: Anguilla, OBX, Destin
Style: Freestyle
Gear: BEST, AirRush, F-ONE, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: LTD WaterSports
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2015 Axis Kite-boards

Postby LTD WaterSports » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:25 am

We rode underground boards for years back in the day until they went under… Now were excited to bring in the 2015 Axis Board line-up. With new 2015 boards on the way we will be sure to update this thread as we set out to demo the Spud Foil, Limited and Ultra. Oh and we also ordered in the Tandem board to offer (Girls only Kiteboarding rides).

Check out our Blog and visit the site for all the latest on what Axis has to offer in 2015

https://ltdwatersports.com/2015-axis-kite-boards/

YouTube Video: http://youtu.be/qJJv6Lv1XAU

Who already rides Axis boards?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: 2015 Axis Kite-boards

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:11 am

Me. 14 Limited, I own and LOVE! I've had long term demo of the Ultra and Vanguard too.

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby chirojoseph » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Im riding a PureWave 5ft 10... for about 1.5 years now....from flat water light wind to mushy onshore to overhead powerful pacific wave with side off winds....

I love this board. Been kiting 15 years and have tried alot of twins and skims and makos and surfboards..even slog around on my SUP sometimes. This board is fast with quad setup, carves rail to rail lovely, takes an ever-loving beating because I just HAVE to boost once in a while and dont always have the softest landing that I would like...it is showing almost NO signs of wear. A few dings from smacking into floating debri going full speed..but basically just nicks in the clear coat.

Most importantly the finboxes are still solid. I was ALWAYS blowing out the boxes in my other surfboards..just from edging hard and cranking it into waves ...but the futures boxes in this AXIS are still solid. And now Ive got a few sets of futures cause I was curious of course as to how much different fins would change my ride.

SO...now that Im considering spending the money on a Foilboard...I got really interested in the Axis SPud Convertible..but Ive got a few questions that hopefully you enlightened ones can answer..

1) why the hell did Axis put FCS boxes on this thing? ALL their other boards are future boxes...dont they want their customers to be able to interchange the fin quiver? Is there some conflict because of the 2 windsurf slider boxes for the foil mount? I just cant understand and Its almost going to be a deal breaker for me. We get lots of surface weeds during our windy season unfortunately and Ive broken the tabs off the damn FCS fins just hitting seagrass. Really dont want that system and dont want to buy anymore FCS fins.

2) I cant tell if Axis put STRAP inserts in the middle of the board for putting the front strap IN LINE with the rear when using board in "surf mode" or if we only have the angled strap setup possibility.

3) Finally, im just curious as to why their standard construction SPUD board with 2 $10 windsurf fin slider boxes costs 150 dollars MORE than their ALL CARBON race dedicated Foilboard with sliders AND tuttle box..??? Did somebody make an error on the pricing?

Anyhow, looks like they are SOLD OUT on the Convertible for the next 90 days....so I guess SOMEBODY out there has one and maybe they can make a few comments??

Would be great to know, from a surfer or a surf-with-kiter, how much fun the thing is to ride with the 4 fins in moderate waves. With its width I imagine it has a VOLUME similar to the Purewave?? (Anybody KNOW the volume of the 5 ft 1 SPUD?)
Maybe even a better low end?
Does it go upwind as well as the thinner railed surfboards in the lineup? Does it have a leash plug as well for possibly paddling into swell on a no wind day?

I guess I have 3 months to consider this purchase and unfortunately even riding a FOIL will be difficult here in JUNE...but Ive become a real fan of the construction quality and riding experience and would / will buy another AXIS kite SURF board in a heartbeat...especially if its got FUTURES fin boxes! :naughty: :lol: :thumb: :thumb:

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster

Postby chirojoseph » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:37 pm

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster

Postby chirojoseph » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 pm

BUMP BUMP...anyone riding this SPUD model in decent waves can comment on performance...difference with the PUREWAVE models..etc??

Anyone from AXIS care to comment on the choice of finboxes for the FOILBOARD SPud convert?

thanxx

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Love my 2014 Axis Limited. Eats chop like Pac-Man, but not old-school......(for those young guns who know what Pac-Man is.....) :?:

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 am

I recently (two days ago) demoed the 2014 Axis Limited (Carbon), fantastic board. Flexy tips, the carbon adds alot of springyness and stiffness over the Vanguard (same profile/shape), carves upwind beautifully.

I was impressed I could ride it at 138cm as well as I did on an 11m RPM, I normally use a 145x44 Best Breeze that has alot more running surface on the bottom.

Only reason I didnt buy it was price, Im a poor boy atm and cannot afford the price tag ($900 odd).

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 am

FLandOBX wrote:Love my 2014 Axis Limited. Eats chop like Pac-Man, but not old-school......(for those young guns who know what Pac-Man is.....) :?:
What do you mean "not old-school"?

--
Gunnar

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:53 pm

gmb13 wrote:
FLandOBX wrote:Love my 2014 Axis Limited. Eats chop like Pac-Man, but not old-school......(for those young guns who know what Pac-Man is.....) :?:
What do you mean "not old-school"?

--
Gunnar
I should have said "not exclusively old-school".......like Pac-Man. I ride my Axis board old-school style (wish I could ride mine like Gunnar rides his!!!), but lots of wakestyle riders love the Axis boards. Sorry for lack of clarity.......(old brain malfunctioning again.....) :-?

Return to “Reviews”