jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Ultimate Wetsuit !?

Postby jumptheshark » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:18 pm

I’m up in the land of winter and only used the new suit a couple times. Will get back to it sometime in April. Ice is two feet thick out there right now.

My winter suit gets about 12-15 sessions in spring and about the same again in fall. My old one has lasted quite a few years and is still in decent shape, just leaks. I’ll definitely still use it, so I doubt the need essentials suit will see 20 sessions a season. I certainly expect it to be a while before it springs any leaks!

dewwy
Medium Poster
Style: Freestyle/Wakestyle
Gear: -

Postby dewwy » Sun May 08, 2022 3:40 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:18 pm
I’m up in the land of winter and only used the new suit a couple times. Will get back to it sometime in April. Ice is two feet thick out there right now.

My winter suit gets about 12-15 sessions in spring and about the same again in fall. My old one has lasted quite a few years and is still in decent shape, just leaks. I’ll definitely still use it, so I doubt the need essentials suit will see 20 sessions a season. I certainly expect it to be a while before it springs any leaks!
Any updates? Currently looking at srface/needessentials, want to get a flexible suit (either 4/3 or 3/2) for when my winter suit gets too hot. I've been using mystic wetsuits the past years, legend hooded in winter and 3/2 star when its getting warmer. Want to get rid of the summer suit first, since i always smell like i dropped into a bucket of weed after wearing it, besides that the seems are unraveling already after 2 years of medium use (i live in northern europe, so doesn't get too much use).

Generally interested in any experiences with those two companies. I'm also considering either needessentials 6/4/3 hooded or srface 5/4 hooded for next winter. Anyone used these in conditions from 0°C upwards?

Cheers

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun May 08, 2022 8:23 pm

Have another half dozen sessions in the 6/4/3 hooded suit and it’s a great suit. Pretty happy with the purchase. Fits me really well. Dries fast, and is pretty easy on/off. No complaints.

Have a few seasons in their 4/3 and it’s held up well. That suit gets a lot of use and no special care.

Return to “Reviews”